Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,764   Posts: 1,516,311   Online: 1061

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Silver Conference in 2007

Anyone know if we are having a Silver Conference with Ilford and friends in 2007?

If so, details please.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hall View Post
    Anyone know if we are having a Silver Conference with Ilford and friends in 2007?

If so, details please.
    Yep.
    Later part of March 2007 is the tentitive times, and the same place as last year. Maybe it will be warmer, or I will thermals this time.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I suspect it will only be a partial silver conference - once again I'll bet they ignore color work.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague View Post
    I suspect it will only be a partial silver conference - once again I'll bet they ignore color work.
    Robert, when a Black and White film company puts on a conference, it is a given that it will be about Black and White. This is a dead horse being beaten that Ilford should do color. There are other things in the works that will also include color.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

My two cents

You can always do hand coloring! Or Ilford can see about working with Fuji.
    I hope they lower the price to a more reasonable level for students. The common thought during this years Conference was "Where are the young folks?" Well, $250-300 is a big bite for many. I believe the confernce should either offer students day rates or vastly lower admissions.
    I know thats how I'm aiming the Fanfaire on. I have spoke with or emailed many of the local schools that either offer photography courses or art classes in general, informed them that admission is $15 a day and free on Sunday. Almost all of the faculty have said at those prices they'll drive their students to this event. This is what I wanted.
    Just a thought.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
    Aristotle

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
    Robert, when a Black and White film company puts on a conference, it is a given that it will be about Black and White. This is a dead horse being beaten that Ilford should do color. There are other things in the works that will also include color.
    Calumet is not a Black and White company.... and there is no reason that Fuji can't be asked to contribute as well.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
    They shouldn't call it a Silver Conference then? Maybe a Black and white conference. Assuming Silver = B&W just POs a few of us who still shoot colour film that, it seems, B&W photographers don't seem to care about - on the surface. Us colour photographers will just 'take it' then.

Thanks, Art. (Doesn't this B&W company manufacture Ilfochrome paper and chemistry?)
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post

Thanks, Art. (Doesn't this B&W company manufacture Ilfochrome paper and chemistry?)
    Not anymore. The old Ilford unit (Ilford Imaging Switzerland) that makes Ilfochrome products was purchased by a Japanese paper company as a part of the reorganization. Now those of us that use the products can think about buying the Ilfochrome stuff from a company that also makes toilet paper.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Aw heck, guys. Just bring your portfolio of penguin closeups and no one will be the wiser.
    I just want to feel nostalgic like I used to.

http://www.clayharmon.net - turnip extraordinaire

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Art,

It is an unfortunate fact of life here at APUG that those of us that are Color only or color mainly photographers are in the vast minority and as such we do not get as much notice.

As to the question of Ilford, that too has changed dramatically. Ilford has been broken up into 2 companies now (since sometime in 2005)- Ilford Photo, HARMAN technology Ltd- the B&W in England and ILFORD Imaging Switzerland GmbH- the color group including Cibachrome, etc owned by Oji Paper Co. Ltd.

However, I do agree with Robert, that one or more color company could be brought in if they wish to call this silver. Otherwise, I agree with you Art that this should be called B&W.

Rich
    Last edited by naturephoto1; 09-25-2006 at 04:05 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin