Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,419   Online: 1029
      
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    667

    Tim Rudman workshops in Montana

    Hi all,
    I will be doing 2 more 5-day workshops at The Photographer's formulary in Montana next September (2007).

    One will be on B&W printing skills. It will also include (amongst other things) 'A day at the bleach', and a day of toning. You can see a fuller content list at the link below.

    The other will be on Lith printing from beginning to more advanced and will include 2-dev techniques, bleach and redevelopment and toning lith prints.

    If you are not familiar with The Formulary - it has great facilities, on site accommodation, great home cooking and dark & light labrooms that never close - so you can print all day and all night!

    it would be nice to see some of you there :-)

    see here for more details ...
    http://www.photoformulary.com/Deskto...dex=4&tabid=26

    Tim

  2. #2
    BWGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,050
    Images
    18
    Hm.... I have a birthday the end of August.... I'll put it on my list & see what happens!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

  3. #3
    Gay Larson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    1,209
    Images
    22
    Well my Birthday is in April but it is a big one so maybe I could ask for a bigger present.
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

  4. #4
    BWGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,050
    Images
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Larson View Post
    Well my Birthday is in April but it is a big one so maybe I could ask for a bigger present.


    (btw... they are ALL big ones past a certain age... say 40)
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

  5. #5
    DeanC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Mill Valley, CA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    342
    I sense a trip to Montana coming up next year...

  6. #6
    johnnywalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,255
    Images
    78
    The Formulary appears to be a long day's drive for me. If I'm not working somewhere I'm going to try very hard to be there. Good you could post a long lead-time.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

  7. #7

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnywalker View Post
    The Formulary appears to be a long day's drive for me. If I'm not working somewhere I'm going to try very hard to be there. Good you could post a long lead-time.
    Well its a good place to buton on a shooting trip too. Lots of great country around, mountains, lakes, forests etc. Then you can develop it all when you arrive at the Formulary ;-)

    For those who don't know the Formulary - they have 3 large lab rooms each with large central working sink wetbenches. 1 for darkroom with 12 (I think) enlargers, 1 for platinum and 1 for other alt processes. Often 2 courses run alongside each other but we will have the whole place to ourselves so we can spill out and have the darkroom going at the same time as a whole room for bleaches, redevelopment & etc and another one for toners. It works pretty well.
    tim

  8. #8
    Gay Larson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    1,209
    Images
    22
    I've just returned from the Lith workshop at the Photographers Formulary in Montana with Tim Rudman and I can highly recommend this workshop to anyone who is interested in Lith. This was a wonderful packed full 5 day adventure for me. Tim is an excellent instructor. He is very organized and easy to understand. He answers all questions and is very patient. I learned more in 5 days than I have in a very long time. Tim and his wife Ingrid are just wonderful people to be around besides having a wealth of information. The formulary is a very interesting place with excellent darkroom facilities. The food was just wonderful and the weather cooperated for us so all in all it was worth all the money, effort and time.
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

  9. #9

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Larson View Post
    I've just returned from the Lith workshop at the Photographers Formulary in Montana with Tim Rudman and I can highly recommend this workshop to anyone who is interested in Lith. This was a wonderful packed full 5 day adventure for me. Tim is an excellent instructor. He is very organized and easy to understand. He answers all questions and is very patient. I learned more in 5 days than I have in a very long time. Tim and his wife Ingrid are just wonderful people to be around besides having a wealth of information. The formulary is a very interesting place with excellent darkroom facilities. The food was just wonderful and the weather cooperated for us so all in all it was worth all the money, effort and time.
    Thanks very much for that Gay.
    I must say that I enjoyed both the workshops enormously. We covered a lot of ground and we also had a lot of laughs didn't we!
    I hope to have news of another US w/shop at the PF next year rather than 09 and perhaps also a new 'alumni group' workshop that was requested by last week's group. When I get home next month I will persue this with you all and will post info when I know more.
    I think it would also be nice to start an international Lith gallery site and include an alumni gallery within it. We had so many great images produced again this year it would be lovely if everyone could share them. I'll be in touch.
    Take care
    Tim

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    SE USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    342
    Images
    9
    Oh, that is so good to hear! Sounds like our nagging - er, suggestions - may have paid off.

    It was indeed a wonderful course, in quite beautiful settings. PF is a place where one can pick up new analog techniques, meet interesting, like-minded folks - and catch an amazing view of the Milky Way at night. What more can you want?

    I look forward to hearing from you, Tim! Regards to Ingrid.

    Terri

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin