Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,545   Posts: 1,572,845   Online: 1021

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Western Ireland Anyone? -July 2007

I've been given the opportunity to lead a tour in Western Ireland this summer and am jumping at the chance. The group size is limited to 10 and I figured I would post the offering here first.

Details are currently being negotiated as to how and where the days will be scheduled, but the dates are set.... July 7 - 17, 2007 for those departing from the states, the 8-17th for those coming from other parts of the world. You will be responsible for travel to and from Shannon Airport in Ireland.

All expenses for lodging, transportation and meals other than lunches will be included in the cost of the trip. Price will be based upon double occupancy although there are private rooms available at a surcharge.

Although there will be talks, discussion of work and some demonstrations, it will be primarily a shooting excursion and it is safe to assume there will be much time spent on scouting and shooting throughout your stay. We will be visiting during a time of long days and wonderful extended twilight and I plan to make use of every minute. Of course, there will also be some fine pubs and music for those who are so inclined. This should prove to be a great and memorable time and I expect it might fill quickly.

As I said, information and details are still being worked-out, but you can sign-up for news and more information HERE. You can also assure yourself a place by registering now without cost or commitment HERE. All space will be offered on a first come basis.

Thanks!

Bill
    Last edited by bill schwab; 01-08-2007 at 03:52 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would be interested Bill

Do you want me to circulate this with Irish Photographers?

Any pricing yet?
    Last edited by Fintan; 01-10-2007 at 06:28 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This would be brilliant for my dad. I'd be interested in pricing information too.

Antje (signing up for more info right now)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry not to answer sooner! Pricing for the trip has been set at 2695.00 US and includes all stated in the previous post. There are already 4 spaces reserved and the general announcement will be going out to my subs list this weekend.

Fintan... Yes, mention it if you would. I appreciate this. Even if they don't go, it might be nice to have a pub meet if there is the opportunity. Thanks for the interest!

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No problem.

Is your schedule very tight, would you consider doing a talk for a photography society?

BTW If you need info on film etc drop me a line.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by billschwab View Post
    ..... it might be nice to have a pub meet if there is the opportunity.
    You're killin' me Bill!
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Auuugh! I would love to go but finances/school do not permit... I love Connemara/Western Ireland and hope to go back again someday.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintan View Post
    Is your schedule very tight, would you consider doing a talk for a photography society?
    Honored you'd ask... I'm really not sure on the schedule yet, but I would be happy to if there is the time. I'm already booked up to the time I leave for the tour, but perhaps I can add a day or so at the end. I'll know more as details are confirmed.

Thanks!

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Only 5 spaces left!

Thanks,

Bill

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Too bad, my mom is still working that week, so my dad can't go. We've decided to send him off to Ireland anyway, later, with my brother to carry the tripod. Thanks for the great opportunity, though! He would have loved that.

Antje

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin