Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,908   Posts: 1,521,515   Online: 902

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Wet Plate Collodion in Ansel's Darkroom

Just a reminder that I will be teaching Wet Plate Collodion April 5-8 for the Ansel Adams Workshops for the first time this year. The lodging deadline for a room at Yosemite Lodge is February 16, 2007, so if you're thinking about signing up for this workshop and want to reserve a room at the lodge, you should do so soon. Feel free to email or PM me if you have any questions.
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    just returned from one of THE BEST photo weekends, actually, just one of the best weekends... ever... PERIOD. This included a 1 day one-on-one wet plate workshop with Kerik. I have absolutely nothing negative to say and don't have the words to say just how great it was--the only problem is that the sun went down!

Take a workshop with Kerik--any workshop. Not only is he one of the best photographers (no conditionals about that), but he is an amazing teacher and a fabulous person (the whole Kouklis family is a treat as a matter of fact--including the pup!). I just came back in from California and wanted to put this up so that anyone who was considering going would be pushed into signing up before that Feb. 16 lodging deadline.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Jeremy, We had a blast at Kerik's gum over workshop last year in Philly. I was hoping to attend his wet plate workshop there this year but my schedule won't allow it. I just bought a complete wet plate system from an artist who just moved to Germany, complete with an old gorgeous Jamin-Darlot 22" petzval, silver tanks, and cyanide tank. The camera will allow me to do up to 11x14" and 14x14" plates. So I'm ready for blackened hands.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks, guys. It's students like you who make teaching workshops so much fun. Robert, I'm sorry you won't make it back to Philly in April. You've certainly got the gear to do some great wet plate work! I presume you got the rig from Q?
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Kerik, Yes he gave me a nice deal on it. I'm still looking at the size of these lenses with amazement. The 3A is Huge! I wanted to attend your workshop but I have to be in Rochester that week. I know you guys will have as much fun with the wet plate as we did with the gum overs. I'll probably spend a couple of days with France or maybe a few days with Coffer later in the year I hope. They're not that far to travel for me. But I'm going to give it a go on my own at least get my feet wet. Just like here on apug the wet heads are a very helpful group plus I'm just to impatient to wait in all honesty. The wife can attest to that after she saw me warming maple syrup to practice flowing plates. But hey its cheaper than collodion. But I wish I could make it back to Philly. Have fun

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Robert,

You are not coming to Philadelphia???

I was only hoping that I could hear more of the construction stories from you at a Chinese restaurant.

Maybe we can visit us to show your wet-plate images soon!

Warmly,
    Tsuyoshi

Quote Originally Posted by RobertP View Post
    I wanted to attend your workshop but I have to be in Rochester that week. I know you guys will have as much fun with the wet plate as we did with the gum overs.
    ----- P R O J E C T B A S H O -----
    Re-introducing Photography to Philadelphia
    Summer '11 Photography Workshops

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Tsuyoshi, I wanted to come but my schedule won't allow it. Project Basho is a first class operation and you should be commended for what you are doing for photography in the Philadelphia area. All those years building skyscrapers and bridges causes you to develop a bond with those Ironworkers that is hard to explain, they are a rare breed. The stories get a lot more colorful when the ladies aren't present, trust me. It has been 5 years (almost 6) since my last bridge project. I am now starting a series on a lot of the structures I had a hand in building. I didn't want to do this until some time had elapsed and I had been away from the iron for awhile. I wanted to approach it with a refreshed vision and new perspective. The nice part is I can walk into any Ironworkers Local and get access to structures that most people cannot. Wet plate just may be suitable for this project, or a combination of both film and plates, we'll see how it goes. But anyway I wish I could make it for the workshop, I'll try to get to the coast sometime this summer and bring some of my work to show. Have fun, Robert

Shooter
    Digital Negs

Tintype workshop near Los Angeles

I'd like to mention also for those in California a workshop near Los Angeles, in Corona. It's taught by Will Duniway. I took the workshop about a year ago, and he took me and other students from not knowing anything from tintypes, to making multiples plates during the weekend workshop.

He teaches ALL aspects of collodion, its hands on and he is a no-kidding expert... a master. He has workshops coming up THIS WEEKEND and beyond I think. Highly recommended.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin