Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,941   Posts: 1,557,562   Online: 1125

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Emulsion making and coating - June 3-8, 2007

I will be giving another workshop on emulsion making and coating at the Photographers Formulary in Montana June 3-8, 2007.

This workshop will include instructions on the making and coating of 3 grades of an Azo type paper (see review here by Alex Hawley).

I will also show you how to make and coat a Brovira/Kodabromide type emulsion, and a slow orthochromatic film emulsion with a camera speed of about ISO 40. (see samples posted here from previous workshops).

You will learn how to add stabilzers, metal dopants and coating doctors to your emulsion to control contrast, keeping and reciprocity failure. You will learn chemical and spectral sensitization and how to control the coating properties of gelatin emulsions on plain paper, baryta and film.

Time permitting, we will also coat some glass plates by the traditional method and also by using a newly designed glass plate coater which uses the method developed by George Eastman for production coating of glass plates in the early part of the last century.

Students are out there now using what they learned to turn out some very good work and one is posting the information on her blog (www.dwrphotos.com).

This is your chance to learn emulsion making and coating first hand from someone who has done it at all Eastman Kodak, or as we called it, the "Big Yellow Jello".

See you there.

Ron Mowrey
    PE
    Last edited by Photo Engineer; 02-15-2007 at 01:10 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Al Weber encouraged me to attend your workshop. Previously scheduled event prevents it this year, but hopefully there will be a next year. If so, I wil be there.

Jim
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Students are out there now using what they learned to turn out some very good work and one is posting the information on her blog (www.dwrphotos.com).

PE
    Ron -
    Can you double check that URL from your end? It 404'd on me.
    Thanks.

Edit:
    Figured it out, you have the trailing parenthesis inside the HTML tag

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hmmm, I didn't put in the tag, that was done when I posted. Sorry.

Denise has posted some new prints. She does great work.

I forgot to edit the tag, but it's ok now.

PE
    Last edited by Photo Engineer; 02-15-2007 at 01:10 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin