Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,554   Posts: 1,545,007   Online: 751

Darkroom Workshops with Steve Anchell

I am writing to let everyone know that I am settled in Salem, Oregon, after living in the boonies of Colorado for 10 years (okay, so Salem isn't exactly the hub of the known universe, at least it's only 45 minutes from the Portland airport to my home).

I'm putting the finishing touches on my four enlarger darkroom and will be offering workshops on film developing and printing. If you are interested on a one-on-one email me at info@anchellworkshops.com and we can set that up anytime.

I would like to know if there is any interest among APUG members for group workshops, limited to 4 (to match my enlargers). I have everything from 8x10 to 35mm. If there is an interest, I will select two or three dates and schedule anything from a weekend to 5 days. I'm also open to suggested dates! Let me know, I'll look forward to working with you.
    Steve Anchell
    Author:
    The Darkroom Cookbook
    The Variable Contrast Printing Manual
    The Film Developing Cookbook
    The Nude at Big Sur

www.steveanchell.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Best of luck in your new place Steve.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Thank you

Thank you for your well wishes, Robert. So far, Salem has been very good for me. I have made connections with the Portland Photographer's Forum, led by Adrianne Brockman and Robert Brummit, met Bruce Barnbaum and John Wimberly in person (I've spoken with them on the phone or through emails over the years), been hired to do feature photography for a small local monthly magazine, food photography for the Sunday supplement of a newspaper, built the best darkroom I've ever had (this is number 14 - I just finished hanging three new rolls of film to dry and though I'd check APUG before making proof sheets), met the head of photography at the nearby University and am aligning their enlargers for them, have been invited to lecture at another University, and look forward to creating many new images between here and the coast - in fact, I have an assignment near the coast at 8am on Monday, after which I'm going to spend the rest of the day photographing with either my Rolleiflex or Agfa-Ansco - I haven't decided which. Now, if a few APUGers will just come to visit . . .
    Steve Anchell
    Author:
    The Darkroom Cookbook
    The Variable Contrast Printing Manual
    The Film Developing Cookbook
    The Nude at Big Sur

www.steveanchell.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hello Steve:

Good seeing you at the Halloween Parade in NYC. To my fellow APUGers, Steve is a great teacher and friend...Steve, I'm coming to visit...just don't know when - set a date and I'll see if I can come.

I'm currently in Miami and will be walking around with my Leica for the next several days.

All the best,

Jonathan

Shooter
    Medium Format

Welcome to the Northwest!

Steve:

I took one of your Big Sur workshops in the spring of 94 (I think). I had a great time and got some great photos out of the experience.

You have certainly made a big change in environments (altitude/desert to rainforest).

Cheers,

Doug Doyle

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin