Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,921   Posts: 1,522,098   Online: 715

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

Tonopah Workshop with Jim Galli and Per Volquartz

Tonopah Nevada, November 12 to 16, 2007

A workshop with Jim Galli and Per Volquartz

Tonopah is an old mining town located in a part of Nevada, which is wide open and full of photo opportunities!

Both Jim Galli and Per Volquartz are seasoned large format photographers
    who will lead you to great locations, both natural and man made.
    Among other things you will learn how to scout and work efficiently in deserted locations.
    Interpretation of a scene, using the zone system, use of equipment, feedback on your personal work (portfolio and prints) and offering information about how to write effective grant proposals are just some of the items covered in this workshop.
    Jim's knowledge of lenses is legendary. Per Volquartz will show you how to analyze and simplify image content of a given location for maximum impact.

FREE - suggested donation = $85.00 per person to cover handouts, access and other workshop related expenses.

Email Per Volquartz to sign up today. The workshop is limited to 17 people.
    Please write TONOPAH 2007 in your email header!

Email: volquartz@volquartz.com
    Per Volquartz website: http://www.pervolquartz.com/workshops.html
    Jim Galli website: http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Large Format

North of Area 51 - Nevada Desert, 2006...

Photo taken during last year's Tonapah workshop...at one of Jim's secret locations!

---------------------------------------------
    http://www.pervolquartz.com
    volquartz@volquartz.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails area 51sm.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is great! Please mark me down as a high probability yes! I need to verify my schedule and most importantly get authority from my better half.....it is imperative that PAX is maintained on the home front! BTW, Jim, I look forward to seeking you in Winnemucca over St. Paddy's Day Weekend at the Shoot Out...I will buy you some Cornbeef & Cabbage to celebrate the Holiday! Jon

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Just a bump to the top of the list, as this gets closer. I'm hoping to be there!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What is the weather like in Tonopah in November?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Per and Jim, I am not going to be able to attend as I hoped. The positive side is that my daughter is expecting my first grandchild Thanksgiving Day. Maybe I can attend next year. Best wishes and good light. Jon
    Everyone has a constitutional right to be an idiot; that does not mean you should exercise your right!

Shooter
    Large Format

The weather in Tonopah in November...

Its clear, pristine blue sky, snowing, bitter cold, warm, windy (like last year's one night sand storm), calm (like after last year's sand storm!)

- will let you know after the workshop!

We will have a great time in an incredible place...
    If its cold you can always snuggle up to Jim's brass lens collection...

Per Volquartz
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

"While many great photographs have been created during the past century and a half it is clear to me that photography as an art form is still in its infancy with hundreds, if not thousands or more great images waiting to be discovered..."

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 25asa View Post
    What is the weather like in Tonopah in November?
    Actually the weather can swing wildly that time of year. It can be indian summer, or 13 inches of snow. Actually, the snow would make for better pictures. I'll take most anything short of high winds. If the winds are unbearable we'll get real creative about indoor work. Portraits up in the studio with an 11X14 and 18" Hyperion or 22" Petzval. That sort of stuff. Find out who has the keys to the Mizpah and go irritate the ghost up on floor 5? Probably need a Holga for that.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

WORKSHOP POSTPONED

Due to some un-foreseen health issues I am postponing the Tonopah Workshop until after Easter 2008. Thanks everyone! Jim Galli
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgalli View Post
    Due to some un-foreseen health issues I am postponing the Tonopah Workshop until after Easter 2008. Thanks everyone! Jim Galli
    Sorry to hear that. You have my best wishes, Jim.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin