Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,548,401   Online: 1084

Shooter
    Medium Format

Anyone Take a Workshop with Chuck Kelton?

Greetings!
    Just wondering if anyone has taken a darkroom workshop with Chuck Kelton of Kelton Labs, NYC? He teaches regularly at the Woodstock Photography Center and the Int'l Center for Photography, but that's all I know of him. Thanks for any info!
    Cheers, Krystyna

Shooter
    Large Format
    Never took a class from him. But I do know he's teaching at Peters Valley, NJ this summer. June 22-26. PV is a much better deal than Woodstock. PV classes are 4-5 days and reasonable on the cost. Woodstock are weekenders (1 1/2 days) and quite expensive. Check www.petersvalley.org for course discription and his bio.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have heard one of his former employee speak very highly of his printing skills and his patience with newbies.

Also, the workshops at Peters Valley, where he will be teaching this summer, are excellent! Very good darkroom facilities for a workshop (especially one that is as far in the boonies as PV is), and the overall environment is wonderful. Photography is only one of the disciplines covered by PV, and the ability to mingle with potters, weavers, jewelry makers, wood crafters, blacksmiths, deer and black bears is very inspiring.

Just be aware that the living accommodations are not elegant - think college dormitory, and move down a notch.
    Louie

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the replies, and I will look into Peters Valley, it sounds like a great opportunity for a "learning vacation" there; and thanks for the warning about the dorm, I do a lot of car camping, so if I go I will plan on that! Cheers, K

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin