Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,690   Posts: 1,548,874   Online: 958

Shooter
    Large Format Pan

Kallitype Workshop in Atlanta Aug 24-26

Hi Everyone,

The Spruill Art Center in Atlanta is pleased to offer a 2 1/2 day Kallitype workshop taught by Don Bryant.

Kallitype prints have been described as a poor mans platinum print sharing the chemical heritage of the palladium process, but at a fraction of the cost. This is a contact printing process and prints will be the same size as the negative (120 size negatives or larger are recommended or digital image file.) Course topics include selection of papers, paper coating, exposure and development, archival toning, contrast control and the chemicals required for the process. The course will provide a demonstration of the process and hands on printing of student negatives. $50 Lab fee PAYABLE WITH REGISTRATION. Class meets: Friday August 24h, 7:00 to 10:00 PM. Sat, Sun 8/25-8/26 10:00 AM to 5:30 PM.

Fee for non members: $160
    Fee for members: $150

Space for this class is limited, only 4 openings remain as of today.

To register online visit:

https://registration.spruillarts.org...p?~~073PHKT010

For any out of town people wishing to participate the Art center has made special arrangements with a local hotel, the specific information can be found at:

http://www.spruillarts.org/education...ridge%20Suites

Thanks,
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If only this was in the UK! I would love a shot at this one

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Hi Phil,

I was just looking at your beautiful kallitype posted in the gallery. I would say that you are there!

Great work!

Don
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by donbga View Post
    Hi Phil,

I was just looking at your beautiful kallitype posted in the gallery. I would say that you are there!

Great work!

Don
    Don

Its a wonderful process but I still have lots to learn about it. Thanks for the compliment. Good luck with the course.

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    If you live in the southeast and have been considering learning kallitype I would highly recommend Don Bryant's workshop. Don has great working knowledge of a number of alternative processes, plus a lot of digital negative savy, and I am certain the participants at this workshop will be more than satisfied with the experience.

On the other hand, if you are in the UK you might come off better paying Don's way over there!!

Sandy King

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin