Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,935   Posts: 1,585,616   Online: 691

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images

Apugers teaching workshops in Toronto

I would like to announce upcoming workshops here at Elevator.
    We are very pleased to have Les Mclean come to our fine city to do a street photography workshop, Lecture, as well as numerous printing workshops in my Darkrooms.Les has been here before and is an amazing teacher and all round good guy.
    As well I am looking forward to see Bill Schwabs prints up and close , as he will be giving a special lecture, and an intensive 3day workshop on the Toronto Urban Landscape.
    I have been assured Bill is a great guy and we are very pleased to see him come to Toronto.
    Wedding Portraiture will be covered by Toronto's own Catherine Lash, who is the founder of the The Wedding Co. This 2day workshop is designed for people who have photographed a few weddings and are ready to start making a living as a wedding photographer.
    To round out the week Kevin Viner, Operating partner of Elevator, will be giving an overview of digital capture and scanning in preparation for digital printing.*please don't shoot the messanger*
    Full details, pricing and such will follow, you can hit the elevator button on this site or go to www.elevatordigital.ca to sign up for more info on these exciting workshops.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob! I'm very much looking forward to this.

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Will there be beer?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like one heck of a line-up. With no slight intended to the other's, I'd love to do a Schwab 3 day workshop.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Will there be beer?
    It takes a brave man to use a Blue Jay's logo for an avatar:rolleyes:
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    And an even braver one to use his own portrait.

Back on topic, I took both Les' darkroom and street shooting workshops during the conference, they were informative and practical.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    We are getting the finishing touches on this workshop and of course at the opening show of the Brit and the American we will have beer.
    as well as some wine to freshen the palette before consuming the good stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
    Will there be beer?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
    And an even braver one to use his own portrait.

Back on topic, I took both Les' darkroom and street shooting workshops during the conference, they were informative and practical.
    At the APUG conference Les was the most popular instructor, recieved the most feedback, and all of the feedback was positive or (and mostly) glowing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any word yet on when further details (like course outlines and/or costs) will be available? Don't mean to be a pest but the original poster said the 15th. I'm still kicking myself for missing out on Les' B&W workshop at the conference and am seriously thinking of flying up if I can swing it.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Fugal
    If do come you should sign up soon for the printing asap.
    We are putting the finishing touches on the marketing propoganda which will be in PDF form on our site as well as paypal to sign up.
    I will say this. courses are already being signed up for at Elevator, we expect a very good turnout for all the speakers and courses.
    Fuji, Ilford and DPL have agreed to sponsor with material and proofing support.
    All the lab rats are in place and scouting locations are being picked.
    Beer will be present.
    We will be having two openings 28th *Schwab and Mclean, 29th winners of the Wedding Co competition.

Scwab is excited, Viner is scared , Lash is wonderful as always and Mclean will deliver the goods.
    Schab will be hard core film only and his workshop will be night and day shooting rain or shine , editing of film shot and more shooting, as well a print demonstration in my Darkroom
    Mclean will be hard core film and digital street shooting rain or shine, proofing and editing and reviewing work as it unfolds.
    Lash will be doing lighting demos, discussing workflows for weddings, marketing and promotion of a small business.
    Viner will be working with the dreaded *D* and trying to dispell some myths and helping those considering a *D* camera how to capture,process and prepare files for digital printing.
    The weeks after the initial weekend Mclean will be giving a series of courses on printing using Traditional and D methods.
    Beginner classes will be demo only and will cover the basics for printing
    Advance classes will be demo only but more intense and less people working on attendees negs or files.
    Master Classes will be max 3 persons in my darkroom with Les.Students will be working on enlargers or digital workstations with Les pushing your skill sets.
    all these courses will be filled as people sign up and dates will then be locked in based on demand.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal View Post
    Any word yet on when further details (like course outlines and/or costs) will be available? Don't mean to be a pest but the original poster said the 15th. I'm still kicking myself for missing out on Les' B&W workshop at the conference and am seriously thinking of flying up if I can swing it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin