Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,931   Posts: 1,585,452   Online: 1062

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Carbon printing workshop -- CA, late July

Hello,

I will giving a workshop on Carbon Printing on July 28 and 29 at PhotoCentral in Hayward, CA. It will be an introductory workshop. The workshop will also cover cyanotypes (taught by Kate Jordahl) and van Dyke printing (taught by Cedric of Keeble and Shuchat, Palo Alto...I hope I spelled his name right!)

We are structuring the workshop so that all participants can have a chance to make prints from all three processes, or participants can concentrate on just one or two of the processes.

I will demonstrate my method of carbon tissue making and printing. I will bring samples of my home-made carbon tissue for people to try, as well as the new commercially available Bostick and Sullivan carbon tissue.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions!

Vaughn

Here is a link to PhotoCentral...

http://www.photocentral.org/classes.html#Workshops

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    My bad...I knew "Cedric" did not sound right! His name is Celac Colvert and he'll be teaching van Dyke printing. Sorry.

Vaughn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Vaughn, I read your web page and I also was a student of Tom Knight ~1961 and remember Pete Palmquist well (wicked punch). I received my BA in Geology at HSU then worked at the USGS in Menlo Park for 29 years (now retired). I will be attending your/and others workshop at Photocentral.. Best regards, Charley

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Good to hear you are attending, Charley! Tom Knight was an exceptional teacher as well as photographer.

Yours,

Vaughn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    My bad...I knew "Cedric" did not sound right! His name is Celac Colvert and he'll be teaching van Dyke printing. Sorry.

Vaughn
    I can assure you that "Cedric" is not even in the ball park for most egregious misspelling. As a matter of fact it sounds quite dignified compared to some of the other variants.
    Celac

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    If it helps at all, my memory was probably influenced by some recent readings of AA's letters/writings, in which Cedric Wright is mentioned.

Vaughn

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin