Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,269   Posts: 1,534,393   Online: 870

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ian,

I would also be very interested, & have been looking out for workshops in this, which don't seem to exist. Distance not a problem for me as I'm a Londoner.

Out of interest, do you use only LF negs contact-printed? I have enlarged MF negs that I have used for cyanotypes but am also interested in creating digital negs (hope I can say that here), though that might be something for another place/day...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Hi Cate,

Yes, I only use LF film at the moment. I dabbled with digi-negs but they never satisfied me. Isis claim to be able to make enlarged negs via a digi intermediary of some sort, but at £120 a neg they're a bit too steep for me.

I have tried making my own internegs but haven't made a satisfactory print yet. The process is very simple but I need to work out the right exposure/dev combinations for the various steps. Hopefully I'll have cracked this soon :-)

All the best,

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by catem View Post
    Ian,

I would also be very interested, & have been looking out for workshops in this, which don't seem to exist. Distance not a problem for me as I'm a Londoner.

Out of interest, do you use only LF negs contact-printed? I have enlarged MF negs that I have used for cyanotypes but am also interested in creating digital negs (hope I can say that here), though that might be something for another place/day...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ian

I might be interested.

Out of interest, are you looking to run this yourself? Or are you looking at getting someone else in? If so, Who do you have in mind?
    Cost would be my main determination factor.

Cheers
    Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There must be some interest- Terry King in Richmond has been giving regular alternative process workshops in Richmond for over a decade. The one I attended in 1998 was full.

Russ

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I live in the Canary Islands but travel to London fairly frequently. Depending on the dates the workshop might be held I'd be interested too.

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have been to the workshops run by Terry King. He also teaches at Inversnaid and might well have weekend workshops at his studio in Richmond.
    Worth contacting him via his website for information. When you decide on a possible way forward Ian, I would be interested to learn further details.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Thanks everyone for your encouragement with this. There's one key question though, and that's around negatives. Would you rather bring your own (and trust that it/they work), or would you prefer to shoot something on Day One to print on Day Two (which would obviously limit the choice of subject)? Or maybe both?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    For me i would rather bring my own negs.
    Platinum Printing Editions http://www.dceditions.com
    The Art of Platinum Printing Blog http://artofplatinum.wordpress.com/
    Alternative Photographic Processes blog http://altphotoblog.com/

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I too would prefer to work on my own negs, rather than using up the time shooting something, I appreciate getting the neg right is a big part of the process but your not always going to have the perfect neg so knowing how to work around it would be a good exercise, in my opinion

would it be possible for you to email those of us interested just on the off chance we are not checking in with apug all the time (I know, how could that be possible, but it happens) so we don't miss out on anything important

enjoy and be well

Seamus
    www.seamusryan.com

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ian,

I'd be interested too. Again the dates are decisive, and I have no idea when I'll be able to attend (starting new job September 1st).

I'd prefer to bring my own negative(s), in any size from 6x4.5cm plates to 30x40cm (!).
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin