Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,172   Online: 793

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images

Can Bill Schwab and Les Mclean handle the strong Canadian Beer

Ok so I got your attention.
    This call is out to any Ontario and area APUGers.
    Les and Bill will be having a show at our gallery on Thurs June 28 and we will be having a barbeque in the back yard after the show on Thurs June 28 between 5:30 and ?.
    It would be nice for all area APUGers to drop by , see some amazing photography, meet the guys and put names to faces, we have an APUger from mid Canada and east Canada coming for the workshops and each night of the workshops we will be having informal gatherings in the back with beer and good laughs after the days work.
    Fri night and all weekend the work will be at Elevator and as a bonus the winning prints from the Wedding Co national competition will be up as well.
    If you twist my arm or get me a beer I will give an informal tour of our facility/darkrooms so you can look at the hundreds of prints lining our walls showing off our services.
    I am really excited in having Catherine, Bill and Les teaching and if you are still on the fence there are spots open and would love to have you join us.
    We are planning on running workshops here two to three times a year and bringing top notch instructors who can teach from their knowlege base using our facility and the great Canadian outdoors. I just finished talking to Sandy King and he is going to be here late fall for the third time since the original APUG conference. Tim Rudman showed an interest in winter landscapes and I hope to bring him back when the real snow is here so he and is wife can go on a snowmobile trek and lead a workshop around their visit. I know he is a bit spotty on the beer so we will have some Tetley tea here for him.

Bob

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    There is no doubt about Les being able to handle the beer, none at all.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Can the Canadian beer handle Les...?!
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The jury's out on that one...
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Having had the honour of drinking with both of them, it should be a great weekend!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
    Having had the honour of drinking with both of them, it should be a great weekend!
    You seem to get around, Dinesh!!!!

Actually, these workshops look great, Bob, and I hope to get back up to Toronto again for some of Elevator's workshops. It just can't happen for me this summer, but I hope either Bill or Les and others will come back next summer for more workshops!! Or at least for the beer...

Maybe, by then, I'll be able to get back up to Canada for a weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You cannot buy beer anyhow, you can only rent it.

PE

Sad, I'm not going to be in Ontario till July. The beer will be gone off by then
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Now if a fine scottish ale was offered...(ie. Belhaven) I might take a quick spin up for a workshop. ...anything on the zone system?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    See you Thursday for the BBQ. If my right hand man comes through for me I'll be there around 8. He's promised to buy beer for the weekend, so there will be no end of touring. or BS-ing
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin