Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,826   Online: 958

Shooter
    Large Format

The Puget Sound Gettogether / Workshop will be here soon!

The Puget Sound Gettogether / Workshop will be here soon!

It will take place in Sequim (just east of Port Angeles in the state of Washington - west of Seattle) from Tuesday August 14 through Saturday August 18.
    We will meet in Sequim on Tuesday 9AM for orientation (location, details will be available next week).
    Later that day and the following days will be spent shooting, analyzing subject matter for effective image creation, looking at your prints or transparencies, trying equipment (from 35mm range finders to 8x10 view cameras), working with individuals (in group settings) on how to approach a subject matter - landscape, portrait, still life), looking at light as it relates to photography, introduction to platinum printing and other alternate
    and historical processes printing from both film and digital negs.
    However, the primary goal of this Gettogether / workshop is for everyone to improve their personal vision.
    Its all about making photographs the way YOU see and feel the subject matter - not just for you to shoot like someone else who's work you admire!

The workshop is FREE. However, a suggested donation to cover our expenses is $95.00 per person. Students $35.00.

If you want to participate it is important that you email me right away.
    Also it will be appreciated if you mail a check for $25.00 to hold your place in this Gettogether / Workshop. This amount will be considered part of your donation to the event and will make it easier for us to plan it.

Please email Per Volquarts ASAP.

Write Puget Sound in the header!

If you have a unique background in something that relates to photography, wilderness survival, knowledge of plant and animal life in the area, please let me know if you would like to make a short presentation about what you know.

Finally we will have two local people helping us with this Gettogether / Workshop. One will function as a guide the other as a coordinator making everything easier!

Shooter
    Large Format

forgot email address, lol...

mail to:

volquartz(at)earthlink.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is this still on for the August dates?

Bob

Shooter
    Large Format

The dates are set!

We will have a good group from both the US and from Canada!

If you want to participate be sure to email me right away:

volquartz@volquartz.com

Per

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have sent several emails to sign up for The Puget Sound Gettogether / Workshop and have recieved no response.

Doyle
    It is easier to gain enlightenment than to explain enlightenment.
    Supreme Master Ching Hai

Shooter
    Large Format

Hi Doyle...

Responded to your email which was hiding in the in-box - un-read.
    I did email you earlier today.

Please let everyone in B.C - or the Northwest USA - know about this event. It will be great!

Detailed itinerary is about to be sent out.

In order to participate I do need to hear from everyone by July 30 as I have to pay some of the guest lecturers...

Per

volquartz@volquartz.com

or volquartz@earthlink.net

Please write PUGET SOUND GETTOGETHER / WORKSHOP with all caps in header!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well it looks like I'll be joining the gang, possibly giving a short Marketing presentation to boot. I hope to see and meet some northern Apug'rs there.

I'm bringing a portfolio with some newer prints, some platinum. Hope others bring work as well.

Looks like a good list of informative people from the last update I received..
    Such as:

Presenters:
    Per Volquartz - http://pervolquartz.com
    Bron Smith - humorous guide - www.bronsmith.com - www.bronsmith.com/trowbridge
    Gabriele Ludwig - co-ordinator
    Gustavo Castilla - platinum presentation - http://www.gcastilla.com
    Ross Hamilton - Olympic Mountains photography / publication / commercial printing presentation - http://www.rosshamiltonphotography.com/
    Doyle Thomas - Tri-Trans Printing - http://www.primaryfocusphoto.com/index.htm
    Steve Pelton - short talks about ECO systems while on location
    John Cooley, Attorney, San Diego - short presentation about copyright issues for photographers (pending)

I guess there's a conference room rented at the Ramada for our presenters, so a place to hang and discuss is nice. Worth the small fee IMHO..
    Cheers..
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm spotty for attending at this time..Damn!

Some good people to meet, great place to be.
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin