Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,936   Online: 872

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I try to take one workshop a year - I find that these trips give me the opportunity to go places where I might not otherwise go. For example, the last workshop I went on was an Escalante Canyon backpack - a week in the canyons is something I would never attempt by myself.

I also find that these workshops are a great way to meet other people interested in photography; alas, the majority of the people on the last couple of workshops have been non-analog () folks. A few were still hauling around 4x5's like myself, which was nice.

And, they're just plain fun!
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Early Riser View Post
    Joe, very impressive, you're amassing quite a bit of knowledge and from great people. Quite a range of alternate process techniques. Do you have a favorite?
    Brian,

I am hooked on wetplate collodion, especially ruby ambrotypes, and have done nothing else since I made my first plate two years ago. One of these days I'll actually make some wetplate negatives and print in albumen and salt as was my original intent for learning wetplate.

In terms of printmaking, I like the gum bichromate process followed by salted paper (though I make many more VDBs than salt prints).

I have a freezer full of ULF film that I may never get around to shooting now that I'm into wetplate.

And just for giggles, here's my latest wetplate collodion darkroom.

Joe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by smieglitz View Post
    Brian,

I am hooked on wetplate collodion, especially ruby ambrotypes, and have done nothing else since I made my first plate two years ago. One of these days I'll actually make some wetplate negatives and print in albumen and salt as was my original intent for learning wetplate.

In terms of printmaking, I like the gum bichromate process followed by salted paper (though I make many more VDBs than salt prints).

I have a freezer full of ULF film that I may never get around to shooting now that I'm into wetplate.

And just for giggles, here's my latest wetplate collodion darkroom.

Joe
    Joe, quite a set up and quite a serious commitment. Ya gotta respect that. I've never done any alt processes, although I'm fairly certain that I'll get into platinum prining at some point.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    If I could I'd take a Lynn Radeka masking workshop, but I can't, so I'll suffer in isolation perched up here on the edge of a wilderness paradise and continue testing...testing...testing

Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is the first year in nineteen that I have not scheduled some kind of photographic workshop or education. Unfortunately, the program that I have been patronizing for most of that time simply didn't have anything on their program that was appealing.

I may do something in the Fall - the Fine Focus gang has a LF workshop in late October that sounds interesting and may work out schedulewise.
    Louie

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm not able to schedule something with regularity, but I try to do at least one seminar a year. Last year I did two, both through CFAAHP (Center For Antique And Historic Processes) in New York. I made it to the APIS conference this year. Time and budget permitting, I want to do a wet-plate workshop with Kerik Kouklis in the fall.

Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, North America, Third Rock From The Sun....
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    A year ago this week I was at the Maine Photographic Workshops, class I was in was "In Search Of The Personal" with John Goodman.
    I HIGHLY recommend the Maine Worrkshops and John Goodmans's class.
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...

"Photography is an act of Life" - Maine 2006

wfe
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Intimate Portraits with Joyce Tenneson at the Maine Photographic Workshops
    Les McLean's darkroom workshop in Texas with Lee.
    Both were exceptional.

BTW, I've been to Maine twice in prior years for a total of three workshops, Photographer's Eye with Cig Harvey and In Search of the Personal with John Goodman.

I also work with friends and collegues in an informal way all of the time, learning never stops.......

Cheers,
    Bill
    ~Bill
    "Real Art is a Thin Breath Exhaled Amidst a Struggle in the Mind"
    Fine Art and Portraits

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    I'm not able to schedule something with regularity, but I try to do at least one seminar a year. Last year I did two, both through CFAAHP (Center For Antique And Historic Processes) in New York. I made it to the APIS conference this year. Time and budget permitting, I want to do a wet-plate workshop with Kerik Kouklis in the fall.
    That would be cool to do!
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I'd rather take pictures than workshops, and as I can't afford both, pictures win (I've just come back from a week in the Basque country).

Having said this, I'm sure I could learn a lot from either Les or Tim, but that's because I know them both. I'd be EXTREMELY hesitant to take lessons from someone I didn't personally know and admire.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin