Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,518   Posts: 1,543,759   Online: 852

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm actually in the market for a good, multi-day darkroom workshop right now. I'm tempted by Per's Saturday's but really want something that's in the 3, 4, 5 day range where I could just immerse myself for a bit. Any suggestions between now and early '08?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanC View Post
    I'm actually in the market for a good, multi-day darkroom workshop right now. I'm tempted by Per's Saturday's but really want something that's in the 3, 4, 5 day range where I could just immerse myself for a bit. Any suggestions between now and early '08?
    I'd ask Per to see if he could schedule that for you. He's very accomodating.
    Matt
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Took my first workshop (LF, 1985) from Bruce Barnbaum, Harrison Branch and jay Dusard out in Page, Arizona. After that, back in the days when the Friends of Photography Workshops were going strong down in Pebble Beach, etc, I managed to get a couple scholorships to attend their workshops. Made myself useful and was able to be a workshop assistant for them for many years. Helped out with an Owens Valley Workshop, a camping up the Oregon Coast workshop thru the Sunset Center in Carmel and a couple through PhotoCentral in Hayward...and just got back from teaching one (carbon printing) with PhotoCentral.

All great experiences -- highly recommend workshops to any and all. I work for a university, taking care of their teaching darkroom and photo program as a whole (through the Art Department) -- so while I do not actually teach a class, I do a lot of one-on-one teaching to students who come to me...teaching on any level is the best way to learn. Just being around a bunch of great students is motivating and educational. I taught photography to 12 teenagers this summer -- that definitely kept me on my toes!

It would be fun to take a workshop again -- to be able to kick back and let someone else run the show. To just do nothing but learn, photograph and share. It would have to be a LF workshop of some kind -- where everyone is moving at LF speed in some outdoor setting. No way am I going to do a workshop designed for tiny cameras (35mm or digital) and try to keep up lugging 60 pounds of equipment!

Vaughn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was at the Toning Workshop last May that Jeanette mentioned, taught by Ann. It was a great experience on many levels!

I'll be at a Tim Rudman lith workshop at PF this September, as well. Really looking forward to that one.

2007 will have been a great workshop year for me, with those two!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanC View Post
    Well if you fancy a trip to Ireland, there is a possibility that we will have the privilege of a two day Les Mclean workshop in November, see thread:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum237/...es-mclean.html

David
    I want to take the photograph I think I'm taking

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

workshops

did the emulsion making workshop with Ron in NYC. also joined up with the fine focus group-Richard Ritter; Bruce Barlow; and Ted Harris up in the Vt. area. If anyone is interested to learn AND advance their LF skills that is the place to do it
    They are having another one on July 9-12; only one week away....
    Best, Peter

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Two printing workshops with Howard Bond..Fabulous..Evan Clarke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Schrager View Post
    also joined up with the fine focus group-Richard Ritter; Bruce Barlow; and Ted Harris up in the Vt. area. If anyone is interested to learn AND advance their LF skills that is the place to do it
    They are having another one on July 9-12; only one week away....
    Best, Peter
    I have to get to this one Peter..my problem is I work Sat/Sun which is when most of the dates. Maybe next time I can schedule a small "vacation" and do it.

--John

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I've taken a couple major workshops in the past.

David Burnett taught a photojournalism course years ago with Robert Pledge when they were just starting up Contact Images.... it was very good. It was one of the Maine workshops.

Then I took a Maine workshop with Steve McCurry when he was shooting mostly for National Geographic. Again it was a great week.

They were both important in my development in photography and in getting better jobs.

-
    rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin