Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,526   Posts: 1,572,361   Online: 1048

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Panoramic photography lecture

I am exhibiting my panoramic landscape photography right now at the Northern Great Lakes Visitor's Center in Ashland WI. In conjunction with the show, I’ll be giving a presentation this Saturday, Aug. 18th, at 2 p.m..

The presentation is “Panoramic Photography 1840 to the Present: A technical and aesthetic look at the history of panoramic photography.” I’ll be giving a slide show starting with a historical overview of the technology used in panoramic photography, then moving into a look at some of the professional and fine art photographers who have used these tools, and ending with a look at how the cameras and the unique images they create have influenced my own fine art photography.

After the slides I’ll show some of the historical and modern panoramic cameras I shoot with, including Al Vista swing-lens cameras made in Wisconsin in 1900, cirkut cameras, and others, and we’ll have a Q&A.

I’ll be giving the presentation once more after this, on October 25.

For more information on the show, visit my website, www.jamieyoungphoto.com/Exhibitions%201.html, and the Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center website, www.northerngreatlakescenter.org.

Thanks!
    Jamie Young
    jamiehy@tds.net

www.jamieyoungphoto.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello Jamie,

I just visited your website, that I can highly recomment. Fine work!

Regards
    Elke

www.jamieyoungphoto.com[/QUOTE]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have been lucky enough to experience a presentation of Jamie's and have seen his work up close (and have a wonderful print he was kind enough to give me!) I urge anyone who can make it to get there. You will not be disappointed. He gives a wonderful presentation and wll leave you wanting to buy a panoramic camera.

Best of luck Jamie!

Bill
    Last edited by bill schwab; 08-27-2007 at 11:19 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have to agree with Bill. I saw the same presentation and work. Very good.
    Have fun Jamie.

Jerry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jamie, it is possible to have someone tape your lecture and then upload it to youtube (or similar)? I for one would love to see/hear it, but geographically it's just not an option.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi all Just got back from Utah (Wow! such an amazing landscape. I look forward to going out there just to shoot photos)
    Thanks for the positive feedback. Jeremy -I'm not that organized at this point, but am planning on continuing to update my web site and will try to incorporate some of it into the site. I'mpresently way behind on a arts grant project due soon, so I'll be focusing on that mostly. I will be doing the talk again on October 25.
    Thanks, Jamie

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin