Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,026   Online: 879

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images

Dr Mark and his Large Format Work

Hi Folks
    My good friend and client Dr Mark will be featured this Sun Sept 9th on CBC News Sunday between 10 & noon. Hopefully he will not get bumped if so you can see the clip at www.cbc.ca/sunday/
    This will be a 8 min story , that follows him to a few of his patients homes to do house calls and I believe he will be carrying his camera in this clip.
    He just recently quit his successful office practice to be one very few full time practicing home care physcians in Canada.
    I have mentioned Marks work before, the National Film Board won a Gemini in Vancover last year for a 1hr documentary that was called House Calls which feature Mark.* I had a bit part that should have gotten me the best supporting actor award*
    Mark is generous with his time and lectures all over Canada on his project the cause he is so passionate for.
    APUG should be proud of its role hidden role in helping Mark. He has been a lurker on this site since the beginning days and he has learned all kinds of helpful tips from this site.
    He uses a 4x5 handheld Linhoff, and uses a variety of lighting equipment from flash bulbs to strobe to natural light.
    He is the one who introduced me to APUG and Large Format and when he wins the Order of Canada, I will certainley be there to shine his shoes before he enters the hall for his award.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sounds like a great clip Bob! Hope I'm up by noon so I can catch it
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the link Bob. Took a real interest in Dr Mark's work when you first mentioned it. Will look out for the clip.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks for the heads-up

Murray

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Sorry , I did not get warning myself, until last night , the clip ran today and once again it was great.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The 13 minute video clip is posted online and can be viewed at the CBC website:

http://www.cbc.ca/sunday/2007/09/091607_1.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the post, Bob and bringing us news of this!
    Great stuff.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin