Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,971   Posts: 1,523,553   Online: 772

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

John Sexton at PhotoPlus New York October 18-20

I wanted to let fellow APUG members know that I will be at PhotoPlus in New York City in next week. This will be in conjunction of Kodak’s introduction of the new updated T-MAX 400 film.

Kodak will be distributing free samples of the new T-MAX 400 film (35mm size only) to those attending PhotoPlus Expo in New York City, October 18-20, at the Jacob Javits Center.

In addition, Kodak is presenting a panel discussion, "Black and White Photography in the 21st Century," on Friday, October 19th from 3:00 - 4:45 PM. This event is free to all those attending the PhotoPlus Expo show, and will be held in the Presentation Theater in he Jacob Javits Center. I'm pleased to be a part of this panel discussion, along with photographers Michael Crouser, Liz Gilbert, and Kristen Ashburn. All of us will be discussing our current work and our decisions in terms of why we work in black and white photography. There will be a drawing at the conclusion of the event, where attendees will have the opportunity to win silver gelatin prints from each of the four panel members. If you're attending PhotoPlus, it would be great to see you at the panel discussion.

For further information on the Kodak PhotoPlus panel checkout:
    http://www.photoplusexpo.com/ppe/pre..._id=1003648554

I will also be in the Kodak booth to visit with people and sign books at the following times:

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 18
    11:00 am - 2:00 pm

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 19
    10:30 am - 12:00 pm

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 20
    10:00 am - 1:00 pm

I hope to have the opportunity to make some new APUG friends from among APUG members, as well as visit with old friends during the PhotoPlus Expo.

I'm on the road traveling right now, so I won't have much access to the APUG forum or email until after I return from PhotoPlus Expo.
    John Sexton

www.johnsexton.com
    info[at]johnsexton.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John, "Recollections" is on my Christmas list. Awesome work!

vinny

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    wish I could go.

lee\c

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Does this mean Kodak is now going to get back in the black and white market and make some of their good papers of the past???

I wonder

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Lets hope Kodak doesn't add the UV barrier to the TMY400 large format film like they did back in 1992 for TMX100 -- It makes UV contact printing impossible.

John - do you know whether they did this?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Michael Kadillak, I think, posted in another thread that thanks to the intervention of Scott DiSabato at Kodak and requests by various alt-process printers, that the new TMY will NOT have the UV barrier in sheet sizes.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    If the ticket is not overwhelmingly expensive, I will be there.

Alex W.

Shooter
    Large Format
    It is my understanding that there will not be a UV barrier in the new T-Max 400 sheet film.

In regard to Kodak getting back into the black and white paper business... I am sorry to say that I believe this is a virtual impossibility. The no longer have the manufacturing facilities, and resources to do so.

John
    John Sexton

www.johnsexton.com
    info[at]johnsexton.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by highpeak View Post
    If the ticket is not overwhelmingly expensive, I will be there.

Alex W.

The 'ticket' is free if you register on-line. Seminars and such while there are fee based. The addy is:

www.photoplusexpo.com
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks, John, I got one.

I will be there at the "Kodak panel discussion" and ask Mr. Sexton to sign my book

Alex W.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin