Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,548,403   Online: 1062

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Kansas in Black & White: Alex Hawley

Just returned from Alex's show in Emporia. The Art Council had a sign outside announcing the reception, and the gallery was very nice. Emporia is a small college town, and here's hoping Topeka's Washburn University beats the Emporia State Hornets this afternoon. Go Ichabod's!

Alex's show looks to be a big success, quite a few pages of guests signed in at the door. Many people were lingering at each display and discussing the prints and how great each picture was. Many enjoyed wine and snacks while reviewing the work.

Alex had 23 prints displayed, and each was truly excellent in composition and and presentation.

Alex is becoming the Godfather of Kansas large format artist's.

Great job Alex.

Mike
    Last edited by mikebarger; 10-13-2007 at 08:01 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the update Mike. I wish I could see the exhibit, but it is quite a commute.

Good job Alex!!

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I would have loved to attend but not possible even from Tulsa. It seems I can hardly get to Oklahoma City because I am tied to the computer at work these day and working 10 to 12 hour day, and some weekends. It's just no fun anymore.
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Also went down to take a peek and say hello. Great job!

And I really like the calendar too! Now I know exactly where to go if the stack blows at Wolf Creek!
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things! http://rwyoung.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks to everyone for stopping by. I sincerely appreciate it. We had about sixty people come through. Not bad considering there was a hot football game going on down the street.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin