Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,436   Online: 814

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Les McLean might have something - he has done these in the past here in the states (and well worth the money). Bruce Barnbaum also does some, there are still quite a few others as well Alan Ross, John Sexton, Howard Bond, and the Formulary just to name a few. Run a Google on B&W workshops, should yield quite a bit.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The thing that concerns me is the lack of color workshops!

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Check out the classes at the Photographers Formulary. The darkrooms are top notch and they have great instructors. The surroundings are really peaceful and beautiful. Montana is a great place to visit. www.photoformulary.com
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Are you looking for specifically something in Davidson county? MTSU might have something. If you're willing to venture north a bit, WKU has just got to have something.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't mean to hijack the thread, but are there ever any darkroom workshops in the Vancouver / Victoria area? Or even northern Washington State?
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As I was growing up, one of the features of the basement/laundry room/workshop in our house was an 11x14 colour print that my father printed in the Kodak employee darkroom in Toronto (actually "camera Heights") maintained by Canadian Kodak for its employees. It was a photograph of myself, my mother and my brother, and I would guess that it was taken about 1960.

By 1980 or so, it had faded quite a bit, despite the relatively low light levels in the room. That might have had something to do with the fact that it was right by the furnace!

All of us are still around, so it is not a tremendous tragedy that it was probably discarded when my parents sold ther house in the mid 1980s, but I do wish it was still around.

Unfortunately, the Vancouver Kodak lab didn't offer a similar facility, otherwise I expect that my father would have continued enjoying a colour darkroom, and I wouldn't be the only member of the family keeping up the tradition.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Matt;

It has to do somehow with your keeping conditions I'm sure. I've got pictures from the 70s that are just fine printed on pretty much the same type of paper. (I used E-70 and your dad probably used E-Plus)

PE

Shooter
    Large Format

2 Saturdays a month

Every month I conduct BW darkroom workshops in my darkroom. $125 per person per Saturday; 2people max - besides me.
    All chemistry and paper included.. You also get a light lunch and refreshments.

To sign up please email me, be sure to write
    - in caps - DARKROOM WORKSHOP - in header.

volquartz@volquartz.com

http://www.pervolquartz.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I can highly recommend the Per Volquartz workshop. I took the workshop on the 6th of this month and I learned so much. Per is very generous with his time. The workshop was to end at 6pm. and we did not finish until 10pm! Per is an excellent teacher and this workshop is worth twice the price. It has elevated my printing to a higher level. I got my questions all answered and if I ever have any in the future Per is there to help.

Jim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by espressogeek View Post
    Does anyone teach workshops like this anymore? I would be very interested to attend some.
    Thanks
    Bruce Barnbaum, a very well know master printer and artist is still giving workshops teaching traditional black and white darkroom techniques. They are very intense and cover everything and more.

www.barnbaum.com

Regards,
    John

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin