Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,821   Online: 985

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm Pan

B&W Printing and Developing workshops?

Does anyone teach workshops like this anymore? I would be very interested to attend some.
    Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are usually one or two workshops on traditional silver darkroom techniques each summer at Peters Valley Craft Center. They also have several alternative (non-silver) workshops.

http://www.pvcrafts.org

I think that Project Basho in Philadelphia also teaches workshops on traditional processes.
    Louie

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Thanks , I will check those out now. If anyone knows of any others I would appreciate the heads up. I'd like to do something sooner than later.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would be happy to give free workshops in B&W and Color printing (for the cost of the paper used in either case). I cannot start the Color though until I finish the emulsion work as my equipment is in mothballs.

Unfortunately, everyone around here seems to have worked for Kodak and there are few takers for this offer. Besides, Kodak has the Camera Club with darkrooms and digital equipment for use by empolyees and retirees.

But, the offer is there.

PE

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Sounds like a good excuse to go to Rochester! I would love to get together a few folks and take you up on that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Let me know.

The offer is on the table for B&W, but color will have to wait as noted above. You bring your own negatives. Bringing exposed film for processing and your own paper is optional. I can get paper and film.

That is a long drive. My courses used to last for 1 week when I taught at the Kodak Camera Club, but that is probably too long for a B&W course.

PE

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    PE, Have you ever considered doing a DVD series on emulsion making?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Robert;

Yes, I have. I've posted quite a bit of information about it in the emulsion making and coating forum. The book is about 120 pages long so far and is undergoing a rewrite. It will probably be in the range of 140 pages or so long. A DVD is in the works to go with it. We may start work on that in January.

Some of the pictures are already posted in individual threads. A slide show is up on youtube.

PE

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    In Rochester, Photo Engineer?
    -I'll have to bookmark this thread-
    A good printing workshop would be interesting. I would have to wait a while but maybe a group or something one day

Not surprising or anything but I;ve never heard of this kodak camera club
    employees only, eh
    What is the Rochester photography "scene" like? All I know about -and know very little about it- is the community darkroom

Local Area Batavian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Kodak Camera Club is in the basement of B28 on Ridge Road and is fully equipped for analog photography with rental equipment as well.

The instructors come from the internal workforce of people in the color and B&W analog areas (at least they did), and the membership was $1 / year for employees who elected to join (price unknown nowdays).

They had regular contests in all subjects including stereo. Kodak employees were forbidden to enter outside contests by the rules of the contests themselves "employess of photographic manufacturers are forbidden to enter this contest" as you have seen in rules. So, this was a 'vent' for our creative activities.

There is little activity outside of RIT and Kodak other than George Eastman House which is running a series of seminars in photo preservation and alternate photography under a large grant. RIT does not permit students to process color any longer. "The chemicals are too dangerous." So, therefore, all students must submit their film and paper for processing.

No individual color darkrooms anymore.

PE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin