Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,431   Online: 845

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Per,are we developing our film there ,if so do we take our tanks,hangers and reels with use. Also can we use Jims bathroom as a darkroom.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mike c View Post
    Per,are we developing our film there ,if so do we take our tanks,hangers and reels with use. Also can we use Jims bathroom as a darkroom.
    Mike, I know in past years we've been too busy and too exhausted to worry about developing film until later. That said, I have a nice darkroom and will make it available to folks if it's important to your experience to be able to see your results. No problem.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Jim, I was just kidding you about the bathroom, thanks for the replay cause I did not want to haul up more stuff than I have to, so I,ll take allot of notes.mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am guessing the list is completed by now, so I can go on the waiting list. I am about to email.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    any more updates?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I put together a lens today that I will bring to Tonopah. I had picked up a large old barrel with a nice iris that had originally been a whole plate portrait lens. I ordered some lens elements from Surplus Shack and played around with them in combinations in the barrel. I ended up with a 500 mm achromat behind the iris giving about an f/8 lens (which matches the original). It covers 8x10 with a sharpish center and fuzzy edges. Maybe Jim or his truck will pose for a portrait...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had picked up a large old barrel with a nice iris that had originally been a whole plate portrait lens. I ordered some lens elements from Surplus Shack and played around with them in combinations in the barrel. I ended up with a 500 mm achromat behind the iris giving about an f/8 lens (which matches the original).
    That's great I can't wait to see that one.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Curt, Mark Sawyer reminded me about diopters so now I have either a 500mm f/8 achromatic meniscus, or with a +1 in the front end a 330mm f/5, or with a +2 a 240mm f/3.8. The 240 will cover at head portrait distances. I've decided to not bring any lenses much younger than I am - which precludes all "modern" lenses;-).
    Last edited by outwest; 04-29-2009 at 08:02 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by outwest View Post
    I put together a lens today that I will bring to Tonopah. I had picked up a large old barrel with a nice iris that had originally been a whole plate portrait lens. I ordered some lens elements from Surplus Shack and played around with them in combinations in the barrel. I ended up with a 500 mm achromat behind the iris giving about an f/8 lens (which matches the original). It covers 8x10 with a sharpish center and fuzzy edges. Maybe Jim or his truck will pose for a portrait...

This sounds very neat. Happy to oblige with the truck, ummm, you'll need a wide angle if you want me in the frame. :rolleyes:
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Jim/Per- when will the workshop start on Monday(evening? Noon? 9am?) -- knowing the timeframe will change route plans to be able to make more images before arrival, perhaps stay longer at the Sunday site

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin