Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,351   Online: 1052

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Lith Printing Workshop, Tim Rudman, Aug 14-16th, LONDON

3-DAY LITH PRINTING WORKSHOP IN LONDON WITH TIM RUDMAN

Venue: Thames Valley University (TVU), St. Mary's Road, Ealing, W5 5RF
    Date: August Fri 14th - Sun 16th
    Cost: £180

Availability: Now Booking

This is a 3 day lith printing workshop with Tim Rudman, bestselling author of ‘The Master Photographer’s Lith Printing Course’, ‘The World of Lith Printing’, The Master Photographer’s Toning Book’ and ‘The Photographer’s Master Printing Course’.

As most of Tim’s workshops take place in America this is a rare opportunity to attend a workshop in the UK with the acknowledged master of this medium. Numbers are limited so early booking is advised!

This workshop is suitable for both newcomers to the process and established Lith printers; although a basic knowledge of how to make a B&W enlargement is required.

You will learn the delicate and beautiful art of Lith printing, a very creative and expressive form of interpretative printing using ordinary black & white negatives, infrared negatives and even colour negatives. Lith prints are colourful even before toning and the process is unique so that no two prints will look exactly the same. The workshop will demystify the process, allowing you to take control, of grain size, contrast, colour and toning.

All materials will be supplied on the course but you will need to bring your own negatives for printing. Enrolled students will be sent details of what to bring and will receive handouts throughout the course.

For booking and enquiries contact Marcia Petterson:
    Email: lith@marciaphoto.co.uk
    Phone: 07768 797 232

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, can't afford to miss this!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bump. This is too important to drop off the list.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've booked.

Pete

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    If only I wasn't saving for a wedding!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This looks like very good value. I did a similar workshop with Tim in Dublin a few years back and loved it. He is a great teacher.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi everyone
    The response to this London workshop was amazing and it sold out in about 36 hours from going on APUG! Thank you and I look forward to meeting you all.
    HOWEVER there are a lot of folks on a waiting list now and so Marcia may set up another at T.V. Uni for those who couldn't get in. So if still interested please let her know. We might be able to do another one, either mid week (longer lab days) or weekend so let her know your preference.
    I am sure it will be fun :-)
    Tim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tim rudman View Post
    Hi everyone
    The response to this London workshop was amazing and it sold out in about 36 hours from going on APUG! Thank you and I look forward to meeting you all.
    HOWEVER there are a lot of folks on a waiting list now and so Marcia may set up another at T.V. Uni for those who couldn't get in. So if still interested please let her know. We might be able to do another one, either mid week (longer lab days) or weekend so let her know your preference.
    I am sure it will be fun :-)
    Tim
    We just finished this workshop. It went well, good facilities, very good organization by Marcia (big thank you Marcia) and a super group. It was so nice to teach in England again.
    There are a lot of you on the waiting list as it filled so fast and the good news is that the head of dept attended too and is very pleased with the workshop and keen to to a repeat for those who couldn't get in

We also hope to be able to run an advanced lith workshop to cover 2nd pass lith, 2 bath lith and etc.
    Marcia has all your contact details and will be in touch. If you are not on her list please join in if you would like to.
    Tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Big thanks both Tim and Marcia. The weekend was awesome! Haven't ever learned so much in such a small space of time! I've been leafing through 'The Master Photographer's Lith Printing Course' as a refresher today. I need to get some more paper and try what was learned in practice at home now, especially different dilutions of developer, not drowning it in old brown! The TVU campus was a fantastic venue for this. Also the pub after. The function room setting was great. Really nice group of people too. Hope to do it again some time and expand and reinforce on what was learned this time. All the best,

Gareth
    Last edited by Jarvman; 08-17-2009 at 10:53 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll second the thanks to both Tim and Marcia, and to the Thames Valley University. I learnt a ton and enjoyed myself, and thoroughly recommend the course to everyone. It was great to meet the others and see them at work too - such a range of styles and subjects.

Looking forward to the advanced lith course now!

Pete H

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin