I'm happy to be back into the swing of teaching workshops again. I have two very fun, small workshops (limited to five participants) in September. For general workshop information and online registration, please visit http://www.cheryljacobsworkshops.com.

Denver, Colorado
September 2 - 3, 2009:

Get out of your comfort zone!
This is guaranteed to be my wildest workshop yet. If you're feeling stuck in a rut, bored, and uncreative, I am going to cure you!

Each participant in this workshop will be paired with a local entertainer -- everything from magicians to aerialists to burlesque performers. These are the some of the friendliest and most creative and versatile people you could ever hope to meet, and all great friends of mine. The second evening of the workshop, we will be going to a show downtown to see your new friends perform!

It's a rare and unique opportunity to meet some amazing people, and get a look at Denver's "underground".

Of course, this workshop will also be customized around the needs of the participants. Expect to learn about lighting, composition, establishing rapport with your subjects, and the other aspects of technique and personal style that are so important to the success of a photograph. I can also arrange for child and family subjects by request. I guarantee you will go home refreshed and inspired.

This workshop is limited to five photographers, and will be held in a natural light studio in Denver. Tuition will include written materials and handouts, thorough portfolio reviews, and model fees.

Nashville, Tennessee
September 17 - 18, 2009

Each participant will receive a questionnaire designed to identify his or her strengths and weaknesses. The questionnaires will help determine the course curriculum, so you can be sure the workshop will give you exactly the information you need. Whether you're an experienced professional or a beginner, you'll have a great time while you learn valuable skills to help you hone your craft and reignite your passion after the busy holiday season.

Areas you may like to see covered include:
- working with natural light
- establishing rapport with subjects of all ages
- nailing your exposures in difficult lighting situations
- finding your style
- creative marketing and wordsmithing
- interpreting the print
- getting inspired
- working on location
- creating exceptional B&W prints
- or whatever else you can think of!

This workshop is limited to five photographers, and will be held in a natural light studio in Denver. Tuition will include written materials and handouts, thorough portfolio reviews, and model fees.

For more detailed information on the Custom Workshops, please click here.