Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,920   Online: 877

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Well, I'll jump in here and say that I'm planning a workshop in the Southern California area some time in the next few months. Should be a weekend thing and I will cover the basics and provide the materials to make prints etc. Tentative is in February. In the planning stages right now. Cost will be reasonable as I love to teach carbon.

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ah! great Jim,count me in.My daughter wanted to attend allso,but she headed off to collage and won't be here at that time.

Mike C

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Mike, I taught Jim everything I know and he has taken it a long way from there...so his workshop will be a good local opportunity for you!

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thanks you guys and especially Vaughn. Vaughn taught me a lot and is one of my go to guys when I have questions. Carbon printers are always learning how to refine this amazing process. I hope to be able to inspire my future students the way that Vaughn did for me. I'll be sure to keep everyone in the loop.

Jim

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Good to hear

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    There are still a couple spots left in the Newport Carbon Printing Workshop, November 13 to 15, 2009

Contact me for more details.

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Mike and Curt ... the Yosemite price this year has been lowered ... not a lot ... but to $700 for the 5-day workshop. With the cost of lodging, it is a little dear ... but if you count it as a vacatiion (if that flies with the significant other), it is a fabulous place and well worth the cost ... and, you get to work in St. Ansel's own darkroom to boot. I went this year and had a blast ... will be going again next year. It's my only vacation ... and it's a great one.

Curt ... I may see you in Tonapah. I've signed up but may have to miss all or part ... we'll see.

Jim in Sacramento

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Graves View Post
    Mike and Curt ... the Yosemite price this year has been lowered ... not a lot ... but to $700 for the 5-day workshop. With the cost of lodging, it is a little dear ... but if you count it as a vacatiion (if that flies with the significant other), it is a fabulous place and well worth the cost ... and, you get to work in St. Ansel's own darkroom to boot. I went this year and had a blast ... will be going again next year. It's my only vacation ... and it's a great one.

Curt ... I may see you in Tonapah. I've signed up but may have to miss all or part ... we'll see.

Jim in Sacramento
    Just to be in AA,s own darkroom and use it is just about worth the price.I be thinking bout'it.
    Mike
    Last edited by mike c; 10-05-2009 at 09:02 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: sp.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Mike,

AA's darkroom (or at least the "Light" side of it) was used as the Gallery's shipping and receiving for a long time. It was very good to see it revert back to a workshop space.

If Jim F's workshop on Carbon printing stirs your desire to dive into carbon deeper, the April Carbon Workshop in Yosemite would be a great way to do it!

Vaughn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin