Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,233   Posts: 1,532,919   Online: 1020

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

More Info:

I talked with my studio contact and I have a little more info...

Models: We are looking for models 5'8" and taller who have experience. Currently looking on Model Mayham and when we have the finalists we will provide their ID numbers.
    Please bring your own model release forms and if you have a good one please share with the group or at least with me.

We're still looking at Oct 10 or 17. The studio is actually not sure which will work best for them but I'll let you know.

Alan.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

List of Participants

If you're name isn't here and you want it to be just reply and I'll update.

List of Participants:

Definites:
    Alan Peck (MenacingTourist)
    Eddie Gunks
    Stephen Gelb (sgelb)
    Pete Roody
    Tony D

Maybes:

jaimeb82
    arkady n.
    dwdmguy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Am I wrong? A bit far away from your first posted costs of $20 +/-

Some wonderful ladies at MM will model for free if they are given a CD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Depending on the Saturday, I can come too. Ideal ratio is max of two photographers to one model. Anything more I call a gang bang. I have a complete set of lights as well that I could bring down.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dwdmguy View Post
    Am I wrong? A bit far away from your first posted costs of $20 +/-
    "The studio is looking for a donation (I'm thinking $20 +/-) to use the building and we'll also need to pay model costs."

Sorry for the confusion. The $20 gets us in the door. Model fees are dependent on who we can get. If we can find someone with experience who is willing to work for trade then of course we'll pursue it.

Personally I have no way to put my 8x10 negatives on CD so that's not an option for me. Others may be able to do this easily. It's something I hadn't thought of and I'd be interested to know how many are willing and able to do that.

Alan.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    Depending on the Saturday, I can come too. Ideal ratio is max of two photographers to one model. Anything more I call a gang bang. I have a complete set of lights as well that I could bring down.

Regards, Art.
    I'll put you on the "maybe" list Art, we should have a final date today. Would love to see you there.

As far as lights go I think we're covered with both strobes and hot lights. The studio tells me they can handle 8x10 shooters using both types of lights.

Alan.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    $20 for a studio donation is more then fair.

When you know more details about the lighting, i.e., what type of lighting as far as use for teathered to a pack and/or using my own p/w's are good please let us know.
    Thanks

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Confirmed date: October 17th

We've been having a hard time finding models on short notice and thought it best to take a little more time. October 17 (Saturday) is the date.

If you can't make this date and if this goes well I'd love to help organize another group model shoot as the interest/need arises.

Alan.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Update of info and list of participants

When: October 17th
    10am – 5pm

Parking is on the street.

Cost: Model fees plus $20 per person to use the studio. We'll try and find a good balance between photographers/models. If someone has experience with what a good ratio is please comment. I talked with the studio and we want to keep costs similar to what Matthew Blais is doing on the west coast ($85).

Make checks payable to Virginia Kamenitzer.

Models: We have space to shoot two models inside and one or two or more outside. Right now we're looking for a minimum of two models with experience. We can get another if there is demand.

Model Mayham ID numbers will be provided once selected.
    Please bring your own model release forms and if you have a good one please share with the group.

Props: There are a couple of chairs as well as two sizes of bar stools. One Black futon. Plenty of black fabric to drape and use as backdrops. Posing boxes and a raised stage.

Other Details: Open to anyone who shoots sheet film. Secondary cameras are okay as long as it doesn’t interfere or distract from the primary shot. You will be responsible for your own lunch or the studio can arrange something (probably pizza).

List of Participants:

Alan Peck (MenacingTourist)
    Stephen Gelb (sgelb)
    Pete Roody
    Tony D
    Robert J. Triffin (Flauvius)
    Aaron Jones

Maybes:
    arkady n.
    dwdmguy
    Art Liem gr82bart

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dwdmguy View Post
    When you know more details about the lighting, i.e., what type of lighting as far as use for teathered to a pack and/or using my own p/w's are good please let us know.
    Thanks
    I believe the strobe lighting is with packs and there is plenty to go around. I'll ask what the wattage is. We also have access to 1K hot lights. I'll ask about bringing your own lights.

Alan.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin