Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,851   Posts: 1,582,856   Online: 835

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

NY/NJ LF studio shoot w/model

I'm looking to see if there is interest in an informal workshop at a studio in Hooboken, NJ.
    This would include a model or two (nude/costumed) and access to a large studio plus a very interesting urban courtyard type area out the back door of the studio.

The studio is looking for a donation (I'm thinking $20 +/-) to use the building and we'll also need to pay model costs. We have a good pool of models that we use for weekly figure drawing held at the studio.

There are strobes and hot lights available.

I'm thinking the morning could be spent outside and then after lunch we could go into the studio to shoot. If there's enough people we may split up into two groups.

This should be viewed as a pretty casual affair with no real instruction. Just come and have the opportunity to shoot a model or two with your LF camera.

Start thinking of a Saturday in October and reply here.

Alan.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Alan, I would be interested in doing this.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Great. I've cross posted on the LF info forum as well.
    I think we're leaning towards Oct 3 or 17. I'll have more details tomorrow.

Alan.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No...'twas my mind you read youngster..
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I would!! Depending completely on which Sat.
    Thanks, I'd love to.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blaze-on View Post
    No...'twas my mind you read youngster..
    Yes, you're completely right. Imagine my surprise when I had this "great idea" only to find you're already doing it on the west coast. Hope you guys have a great time.

Alan.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Here are more details

Here are the details I promised...

Dates studio is available: Oct 10th or Oct 17th (both Saturdays). Vote early and often.

Models:We have space to shoot two models inside and one or two or more outside. Right now we're looking for a minimum of two models with experience. We can get another if there is demand.

Cost: Model fees plus $20 per person to use the studio. We'll try and find a good balance between photographers/models. If someone has experience with what a good ratio is please comment. I talked with the studio and we want to keep costs similar to what Matthew Blais is doing on the west coast ($85).

Props: There are a couple of chairs as well as two sizes of bar stools. One Black futon. Plenty of black fabric to drape and use as backdrops. Posing boxes and a raised stage.

Open to anyone who uses sheet film but you're welcome to bring your backups.

The studio has experience shooting fashion and product plus they hold a weekly figure drawing get together.

My involvement: I've wanted to shoot with a model but didn't want to pay for it all by myself and I know people with studio space. I will not be collecting money but will facilitate as much as I can. Payment info will come as soon as I get it.

Since I've never done this before I am very open to suggestions and comments. Even if you're not going to attend but have been to a group shoot with models I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks,

Alan.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Times

How early do people like to start shooting?
    How does 10am - 5pm with an hour for lunch sound?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I would love to come, but I think it would be quite too expensive for me, I'm 12 hours away. I would love the opportunity to shoot people with my 45.
    - J. Richard
    4x5 Speed Graphic, Looking for another 8x10.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Both dates and time work for me

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin