Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,501   Posts: 1,571,667   Online: 1070

Shooter
    Medium Format

Images for teaching

I teach photography(small rural town) and am looking for images to project or is it powerpoint presentation? to the student on either a white wall or on a large presentation monitor(computer). I am looking to do this via the internet. Having been brought up on slides-i dont know where to begin resourcing the images, and how, for lecture. Can someone offer some advice? Thank you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I am in a similar situation. I use powerpoints. Images gathered online using something called snagit (?) and also images scanned from books. I also show youtube videos, usually 3-4 minute segments of documentaries. It is enough to give my students a taste of what is out there.
    "So I am turning over a new leaf but the page is stuck". Diane Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Gather all your links, and your images in ~800 pix size, jpeg or gif, and sit down with an experienced powerpoint user. You'll see that it goes very quickly and is very easy.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You can also round up images searching a term via Google and then 'View Images'. Brings up all kinds of related images and diagrams.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Medium Format
    thank you for your help.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin