Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,716   Online: 759

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Primary School Photography Workshop

Just have to share this with you...

I've been running a photography workshop for 22 primary school students from years 5,6 & 7 over the past 3 months. You may recall my plea for help here to find black & white disposable cameras for my students. I tracked 22 cameras down and the students have all been so keen and dedicated throughout the entire workshop!

I have chosen one (the best) negative from each student and have been busy printing them over the past 2 weeks for an exhibition of their work. I am so excited, because their work is absolutely fantastic! I'm so proud of my young students! They have produced such innovative and excellent photography and I can't wait to see it on display!

Just had to share my quiet leaps of joy...

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    Will we get to see? I'm rather interested.
    -Chris

"I'd Really Rather You Didn't Use My Existence As A Means To Oppress, Subjugate, Punish, Eviscerate, And/Or, You Know, Be Mean To Others. I Don't Require Sacrifices, And Purity Is For Drinking Water, Not People."
    FSM

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This is fantastic. They have the patience to forgo digital's instant gratification?
    Michael Sebastian
    Website | Blog

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    This sounds like a great project. I wish there was something like this in my area that I could volunteer for.

BTW, nice to see you here, Nicole. You've been missed.

Dan

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hey, Nicole, long time no hear. That's great news about your students. I, too, would love to see what they have done under your tutelage.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good for you Nic...very cool project.
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's a wonderful idea, the sort project that has so many rewards for the teacher and the children, with people like you around Nicole, film photography will never die.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Chris, I'll give an introduction to some of the images once the Opening Night is over, which is this Wed, 28th Oct.
    Mike, isn't that just fantastic. It can be done, all we need to do is give young students an opportunity, rather than take the quick'n'easy road.
    Dan, hey there, great to see you again, too.
    Chris, thank you, same to you. Will post later in the week.
    Matt, I'm so not cool... just a happy little dinosaur. Good to see you again.
    Ben, thank you. If we can inspire young minds, the future always looks a little brighter. Nice to hear from you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Reminds me a little of many years ago when I would go to the local elementary school and show them how to make photograms using printing-out paper. I showed them how to make masks and use things like dried grasses and found objects to make shadow images. It was so much fun seeing the kids' reactions as they took their creations out into the sun and watched them develop before their eyes, then brought them indoors to fix them in a big tub. They made oatmeal carton/shoebox cameras next and did some pinhole photography using POP. It was out of pocket and worth every cent.

I'm sure they'll pick up on your delight and enthusiasm for their work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm looking forward to seeing the work your students have produced. Sounds awesome!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin