Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,503   Posts: 1,543,421   Online: 854

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Carbon Transfer Workshop

I am scheduled to teach a workshop on carbon transfer printing at the Photographer’s Formulary in Montana this coming June 27-July 2, 2010. Please go to http://www.photoformulary.com/Deskto...dex=1&tabid=13

In the workshop, you can expect to learn everything you need to know to make high quality carbon transfer prints, which are among the most unique and beautiful of all photographic prints. I will teach you how to expose and develop in-camera negatives for printing with alternative processes, and also how to digital negatives. I will also teach you how to make carbon tissue, how to sensitize and expose it, and how transfer it to a suitable base in order to maximize the dimensional qualities of the process.

Even if you have taken a carbon printing workshop with someone else in the past there is probably a lot more that I can teach you. The facilities at the Formulary workshops are outstanding, as is the opportunity for making new negatives in a beautiful mountain valley setting.

For more information on carbon transfer printing please see my article at http://www.alternativephotography.co...es/art110.html

Unfortunately what I can not show you on the web is the incredible dimensional quality of a well-made carbon transfer print, which is a a look unique to this process.

Sandy King

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The Carbon Transfer technique and resulting prints are surprising and Sandy's command and mastery of the process - inspirational. He has a portfolio of prints that you will never forget. Do not miss this workshop.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Armstrong View Post
    The Carbon Transfer technique and resulting prints are surprising and Sandy's command and mastery of the process - inspirational. He has a portfolio of prints that you will never forget. Do not miss this workshop.
    Paul,

Thanks very much for the generous comments about my work. It is exciting for me to see the reaction of other photographers when they see well made carbon transfer prints for the first time, especially ones that have a lot of relief, because the look is quite unlike any other photographic process. A few weeks ago one of my grand daughters was here with a friend and wanted to show her a few of my photographs. I handed her friend one that had a huge amount of relief and she instantly blurted out, "it is like 3-D."

Sandy King

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Sandy, nice to know that we are ahead of the curve on this 3-D movie thing! Back in the 1860's the 3-D look was not an issue. Does that mean we should raise our print prices? Call them Avitar type prints? Just joking of course! Would love to come to Montana and take a workshop. So much to learn from you and it would be great to meet and see some work. Don't know at this point if I could make it happen. Youngest graduating from college this June. Good luck with the workshop.

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sandy, I have seen these prints as well at Photostock in MI last June and they are quite stunning. I agree with Paul that you are a master at this process including others. Thanks for your work and sharing of knowledge towards the analog process, your passion shows in the results.
    Will you be in Michigan again this summer?
    Steve

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ishutteratthethought View Post
    Sandy, I have seen these prints as well at Photostock in MI last June and they are quite stunning. I agree with Paul that you are a master at this process including others. Thanks for your work and sharing of knowledge towards the analog process, your passion shows in the results.
    Will you be in Michigan again this summer?
    Steve
    Steve,

Glad you liked the prints.

My plans for early/mid June are not settled as of this point but at this time it does not look like I will be able to get back up to Photostock this year. =

Sandy

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin