Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,936   Posts: 1,585,628   Online: 747

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Per Volquartz in Jan/Feb 2010 View Camera

I went over to the mall just in time to get the last issue of View Camera magazine that was on the book shelf today. Right there in the center of the magazine were photographs from Per Volquartz and text to go with them. It's an enlightened read and the photographs show some of the masters work including some early images. I've attended two workshop / lectures with Per and found him to be an excellent teacher, wish I would have had some like him when I went to college. The difference between an ordinary teacher and a great one is what the teacher imparts that is not just the technical part of the craft but something beyond, call it wisdom, insight, a way to look at life that you didn't have before, whatever it is you gain in intellect and emotion as well as technical aspects. I hope you enjoy this issue as much as I am.

Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Here here!! A toast to Per! Beautiful images these and the high point of the issue (imesho)!
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree, the man deserves all the credit that is due him,a great photographer and open minded thoughtful teacher.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I think one of the great things about working with Per is his relaxed, introspective approach to things. Most times it is best to just step back and ask what is it about that photo that affects you ... but we seldom do that.

His approach to reviewing our portfolios ... to lay them all out ... then remove them ... and then ask the question ... "which one do you remember" ... that was a revelation to me ... as simple as it is, it makes you aware of which photos have an impact on you ... then you can start talking about why ... .

Shooter
    ULarge Format

Another Toast to Per

Quote Originally Posted by jimgalli View Post
    Here here!! A toast to Per! Beautiful images these and the high point of the issue (imesho)!
    An outstanding photographer and photographic educator who deserves recognition. My glass is raised!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I wish there had been more images and more text. Perhaps a color image of Per on the front cover!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin