Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,129   Online: 892

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

A Hands-on Introduction to Carbon Printing -- Hayward, CA, Sept 18/19, 2010

I will be giving a week-end workshop in Carbon Printing at PhotoCentral on September 18&19, 2010.

Participants will get hands-on experience with the entire process -- a beautiful and very permanent process that can yield prints with a unique raised relief. This is a great way to try a fantastic process, and prepare the way to make carbon prints at home.

The workshop will not be available for registration until August via this website:

http://www.photocentral.org/shows.html

Opening at PhotoCentral this week-end (6-12-10) will be a show containing over a dozen of my carbon prints (as well as some platinum prints) -- as well as alt prints by Kate Jordahl, Brian Taylor, and the Foothill College alt photo class.

If you have any questions, please contact me at vgh7001@humboldt.edu

Thank you.

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Congratulations on the show, Vaughn. I hope to see some of your recent work sometime soon.

Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Opening at PhotoCentral this week-end (6-12-10) will be a show containing over a dozen of my carbon prints (as well as some platinum prints) -- as well as alt prints by Kate Jordahl, Brian Taylor, and the Foothill College alt photo class.

Vaughn

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Vaughn, this was the class that started it all for me. Good luck and if anyone wants to get serious about carbon do not miss this.

Jim

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Thanks, Sandy.

Jim -- this will actually be a week-end of only carbon printing, instead of the van Dyke/cyanotype/carbon combo you came to! Should be lots of fun!

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've been reading about carbon printing alot lately, and I'd love to learn, but I can't quite drive across the country to do so. You wouldn't happen to want to visit the Chicago area any time soon, would you?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    No cross-country trips planned. But if you decide to jump into it just let me know and I'll be glad to help in any way I can. Also check the website that Sandy started (see the link in his post above) and also the Carbon Site at http://bostick-sullivan.invisionzone.com/index.php

Sandy is on the East Coast and is an excellent instructor in carbon printing, so you might contact him about his workshop schedule.

It is not just a process, it is an adventure!

Vaughn

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin