Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,922   Online: 1184

Shooter
    Large Format

John Sexton Ansel Adams Lecture San Jose, CA June 24

I am honored to have been invited to be a part of the Adobe Distinguished Lecture Series. I will be presenting a brand new lecture Ansel Adams: An Inspiration on Thursday, June 24 at 4:00 pm at Adobe’s Park Auditorium at their headquarters in San Jose. The lecture is free and open to the public.

This lecture will focus primarily on Ansel’s photography, and explore the nuances of his renowned photographic vision. During this audio-visual presentation Ansel’s images will be transformed on the screen from the negative to the final print - progressing through various phases in the evolution of a finely crafted expressive print. In addition, I will be showing a number of my own images and discussing the inspiration and influence that Ansel has had on my photography, as well as his effect on other photographers and photography in general.

Directions to the facility can be found here. A book signing will follow the lecture, for those that are interested. I look forward to seeing some APUG members at this event.

If you would like to keep up to date on my lectures, workshops, exhibitions, and other photographic news feel free to subscribe to my free email newsletter. Simply send an email. We value your privacy and never share names or email addresses with others.
    John Sexton

www.johnsexton.com
    info[at]johnsexton.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Lord, I would love to. Alas . . .

Thanks for posting, John.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi John,

This sounds like a wonderful opportunity and I really wish that I could be there. Is there any arrangement being made to record this presentation ? The topics you described are important to me, enough so that I would even be willing, I would be more than happy, to pay for a DVD or something similar of a presentation like this.
    Tim N. Roscoe

Celebrating
    Canadian Landscape

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds fantastic John. I have thoroughly enjoyed your lectures before, you have a great way of capturing an audience. I am also very glad to see some film photography represented in the adobe lecture line up.

D.
    My Photography Site www.lofgreenimages.com and My Blog

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Actually, I would be willing to purchase a DVD or some such as well. That would be awesome.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I will do my best to make it. Should be great!

Carl Couchman

Shooter
    35mm
    Excellent lecture John! I'm glad that I caught your post here, otherwise I would not have known about it.

Thanks

Aris

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by akaa View Post
    Excellent lecture John! I'm glad that I caught your post here, otherwise I would not have known about it.

Aris
    Aris -- thanks for the kind words I appreciate them. It was a great audience, and I had a wonderful time presenting the lecture, and visiting with attendees following the talk.
    John Sexton

www.johnsexton.com
    info[at]johnsexton.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin