Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,286   Online: 1119

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    John and Curt, Thank you.

It has been an interesting morning!

Theosophy, Neoconservatism, Counter Culture, Bohemians

It has resulted in a new signature line: My aspiration of late is to become more Bohemian; "a person with artistic or intellectual tendencies, who lives and acts with no regard for conventional rules of behavior."

Doesn't mean I like Mondrian's work any better.

The only connection I'm making/getting/seeing to Theosophy and it's byline "There is no religion higher than truth", is a sense of "arbitrary order and rules" which I guess could be used as a definition of truth or reality.

That's at odds with my Bohemian sensibilities.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mark I've been doing a lot of thinking about the state of art today and the Post Modernist Period and where we are headed with our "traditional" photography. I've not drawn any big conclusions but I do feel that there is a transition to another Period happening, especially in photography, and it's unclear were it leads and what it will look like. I dare not say more in public but.... and that's what I'm think about. Long walks with a dog by a river passing ponds with frogs and fields with cows and beautiful trees have elevated me to another plane.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Giving up your membership in the F64 group eh Curt? Me too.

So did you get a photo from that other plane?
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One should not only photograph things for what they are but for what else they are. - Minor White
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    One should not only photograph things for what they are but for what else they are. - Minor White
    That proves that we might take one picture of the same thing and get two totally different results. Or we might see a picture of something like a window, but there is more to see than just a window. The window is what it is, but what else is there?
    "Art is a lie that enables us to tell the truth" -Picasso
    http://www.jaimebermudez.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thats simple Jaime,if you and Curt toke the picture of the same window and your picture is of what it is and Curt's picture is what else it is,you just ask Curt he'll tale ya!!!
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mike c View Post
    Thats simple Jaime,if you and Curt toke the picture of the same window and your picture is of what it is and Curt's picture is what else it is,you just ask Curt he'll tale ya!!!
    Mike
    put it that way sounds simple! yo Curt tale us what's about?
    "Art is a lie that enables us to tell the truth" -Picasso
    http://www.jaimebermudez.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I pictured a ghost in the window of my past that created an aberration of intellect which caused me to believe that my CNS had been damaged by the cloud of doubt upon it. I now distrust the the CNS in a can, Chicken Noodle Soup, and think that the contamination isn't hallucinogenic but maybe just a salmonella induced desire to get though the window and see the early morning sunlight as if it were a port hole into the vast unknown. So in fact I may be seeing what Jaime sees but from the outside in and not the inside out. The same but from a parallel outline in an egg shaped time wobble that causes the moon to be full for three or four days in a row.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had something like that happen to me by a C.ofT.F (can of tuna fish).My wife told me to throw the stuff out,but would I listen no,no, I was sick for two days.

Mike

Shooter
    Large Format
    Per, Per, Oh Per,

We, you need to do a real serious check on the enrollments for this workshop. No funny plants stuff at the house just the regular stuff, beer, wine, and Tequila. And a few good prints. Ok and some food too.

Oh, and make sure your homework is done or no party.

Jan Pietrzak

ps the major question is not composition, it's red or green.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin