Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,641   Online: 963

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mike c View Post
    I had something like that happen to me by a C.ofT.F (can of tuna fish).My wife told me to throw the stuff out,but would I listen no,no, I was sick for two days.

Mike
    One should expect that tuna in a can will last a long time, I know for a fact that yogurt will last one year after the expiration date, I am convince that we live in the Matrix.
    "Art is a lie that enables us to tell the truth" -Picasso
    http://www.jaimebermudez.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Unopened cans of sardines will last 2 to 3 years, opened they will last 3 days, opened in my presence they will last 3 minutes, opened in front of my little terrier dog they will last 3 seconds.

Tuna, that's always been an issue hasn't it, I would guess that Tuna with all the Mercury in them would last until the next civilization comes to earth if there is an earth. Isn't that sad, we fill the poor tuna up with mercury then hunt them down and eat them. Personally I like to chop up pickles and put them in the tuna and mayo mix. Yum yum.

I had my first eggs since the national recall, when I fried them in the pan they were very well done but I didn't even think twice while eating them. In the grocery store there was a sign that "NO EGGS IN THIS STATE WERE EFFECTED BY THE RECALL", then I got home and saw on CNN that our state is on the list. Who is right? So much for "two eggs over easy, hash browns and toast". Now it's going to be "two eggs hard, hash browns and toast".
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lets stick to the art of photography not eating.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK.

How's the homework going? Any new revelations?
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ya,I'll PM you it's about ..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    OK.

How's the homework going? Any new revelations?
    I'm thinking about taking up canned fish photography.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just don't eat it,Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've wanted to go to the Ballard Locks and photograph the gardens, buildings and locks. I emailed them about bringing a small dog, rat terrier, with us, they said no problem he's welcomed to come on the grounds and visit every where except the fish ladder. Now he doesn't care about rats, squirrels, cats, rabbit, or other small or wild animals of any kind so all I can think is that it must be disturbing to the fish.

He does like to eat tuna and other fish, ever smell a rat terrier with tuna breath?

The Army Corp of Engineers run the Hiram M. Chittenden Locks. They seem very friendly. I've been there before but never photographed the gardens.

So what's this got to do with homework? Probably nothing, it does show that I'm thinking about the visual aspects of photography though. Maybe a carbon series on the locks?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nick ("Nicky") Ut may be famous for one shot, but he has also worked for the same agency since then. He moved to the U.S.A., and is based out of AP's L.A. office. You often see his photos in the Times to illustrate articles of all types. The guy has remained loyal to the AP for his entire working life, and has shot everything under the sun for over 40 years, despite the fact that he is the creator of one of the most famous, and perhaps most socially important, photographs of all time. Let's also not forget that he got Kim Phuc to a medical facility personally before he processed his very timely and important film, and that he remains in contact with her and has supported her financially and otherwise throughout the years. I have briefly met Mr. Ut, and he seems to be the sweetest guy in the business. He is a real class act. If you meet Ut, and ask him, "Hey Nickie. When you took that picture, did you have any idea how big it would end up being?" he will matter of factly state, "Yes. I knew, because it was real."
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    He does like to eat tuna and other fish, ever smell a rat terrier with tuna breath?
    Wife's coon hound.

So what's this got to do with homework? Probably nothing, it does show that I'm thinking about the visual aspects of photography though. Maybe a carbon series on the locks?
    Been busy with work and getting my daughter and wife back to college.

It's time to start wrapping my head back around art.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin