Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,905   Online: 827

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mike c View Post
    Gesso,that's the stuff on the out side of your house,comes in different colors.How many points is that worth on the test?

That's Stucco Mike, it sounds a bit like Gesso and is applied somewhat like Gesso but tastes different, kinda like Chicken. Then there is Fresco:

http://www.italianfrescoes.com/history.asp

Don't forget Al as in Al Fresco, eating paint outdoors.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The more Gene Kloss work I see the more I like, before anyone says it's a simpleton statement I direct you to this web site, what I like is the dreamlike feeling that I get when I view each one of the etchings.

http://www.matteucci.com/historical-artists/gene-kloss/

See what I am getting at?

Should we be discussing this homework out of school?
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Curt,going thur life without a clue.I like those etching by Kloss all so.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    The more Gene Kloss work I see the more I like, before anyone says it's a simpleton statement I direct you to this web site, what I like is the dreamlike feeling that I get when I view each one of the etchings.

http://www.matteucci.com/historical-artists/gene-kloss/

See what I am getting at?
    Thanks for the link.

I can see dream like.

Been focused on photography so long it's refreshing to focus on other media.

One of the things I have noticed with all these other artists/media (at least the ones I prefer) is a lack of distractions.

I think that is part of why Kandinsky, Tintoretto, & Michelangelo aren't my faves. Too many ideas on one canvas. Norman Rockwell's stuff is busy too but for me the idea "centers" better.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    Should we be discussing this homework out of school?
    It's "home"work.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This news item came up today on CNN, the snake scroller, when I read it I came upon a term that I looked up and one thing lead to another.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe...ona.lisa.face/

Which lead to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sfumato

Sfumato lead to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiaroscuro

Which Tintoretto used among others.

Strong chiaroscuro became a popular effect during the sixteenth century, in Mannerism and in Baroque art. Divine light continued to illuminate, often rather inadequately, the compositions of Tintoretto, Veronese and their many followers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    That's great Curt.

One of the photographic styles that I've been leaning toward for a while is using ample exposure to get great detail and limit the main subjects contrast, to heck with worrying about the highlights and shadow placement in the rest of the scene.

I actually learned this in shooting people pictures, the norm is for faces to carry the scene, if you don't get the face right it doesn't matter what else you do.

A perfect example of this is shooting people under hats, gotta find ways to get the eyes.

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How is everyone, or is it everybody, doing with their homework? All of that education and I have elapsed into poor grammar skills. I've been spending eight hours a day on mine, the homework, and I still don't feel like I'm making headway. I have a fifty volume of the History of Art sitting in front of me to read by the weekend. Then there are gallery visits and letters to Artists, not to mention practicing the elements of techniques I've only read about. Time to order a new set of paints, got to go. Thank God for the spell checker. Sorry for the religious reference it's ingrained in the culture.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Curt ,make sure you review every thing,we are electing you to represent us when Per ask for a homework review..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No problem, it would go like this: ...And now I would like to introduce Mark Barendt from Ignacio Colorado...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hey!

What did I do miss a meeting?

Boy I wish I could spend the same amount of time studying that you are Curt.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin