Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,540   Posts: 1,544,305   Online: 917

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    What I liked so much about Modigliani and O'Keefe is that they saw the physical world and yet they rendered the very distilled essence of what was there. Modigliani used influence from Picasso's cubism, not being concerned with depth, and O'Keefe was great at showing distance or depth without the typical cues our minds use to discern such.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    "Are you coming to Espanola?"
    What is Espanola?????
    "Generalizations are made because they are generally true"
    Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradibarrius
    Barry
    Monroe, GA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by markbarendt View Post
    Hey!

What did I do miss a meeting?

Boy I wish I could spend the same amount of time studying that you are Curt.

Just kidding around Mark

how many faces are there?
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slumry View Post
    Curt, you mentioned additional homework involving brushes and art supplies and I am wondering what you are referring to? I got the first assignment to study artists but nothing since. Also, are you going to let me use your Pocket Spot light meter during the workshop?

No I haven't gotten a second assignment yet, maybe soon, I was just polishing the Pocket Spot last night before I tucked it away under my pillow before I went to bed. It's the cats meow, I think they have them in now so order one soon. It's the best buy I've made in years.

No brushes or art supplies bought but that could change.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by markbarendt View Post
    I've been studying Miroslav Tichy a bit, here's an interesting quote by him.

I actually like his work and his attitude.

Here's a couple more links.

http://accidentalmysteries.blogspot....lav-tichy.html

http://tichyocean.com/

Another artist I just learned about this month is Deon Reynolds.

He uses old, reloaded, panoramic, disposable cameras.

Great sites Mark, I was really taken by the cardboard camera and what Deon Reynolds is doing is totally fascinating. Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Espanola is a town in New Mexico NW of Santa Fe. Per Volquartz is putting on a seminar there in September.

New Mexico - 5 churches in 5 days

September 27 - October 1

This workshop will concentrate on the graphic aspects of visual communication.

Participants will learn about graphic forms and how they can be used in effective ways to create memorable visual content.

This workshop is now full! Please email to get on waiting list.

printsales@volquartz.com
    The genesis of this thread is rooted in the homework we were given to prepare.

My hope for this thread is/was that all my APUG buddies will add to the richness of our study and provide some comic relief, and vice versa, it's working.

Per did say that he thought there may be slot or two opening up.

My translation of that statement, which he gave to us with the bill for the balance due, is that plans have probably changed for some and it would become obvious pretty quick. (That's actually how I got into a seminar with him last year.)
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Man,you guys are leaving me in the dust with all this talk,try to catch up though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike, you snooze you lose, know what I mean?

Or was that Mark?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ya thats true,been a little hard to get back to the books since my work picked up,need the money.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mike c View Post
    need the money.
    I know that feeling.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin