Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,908   Posts: 1,521,515   Online: 907

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Mike c,

That's just tonight, it is trying to rain and the show outside my window is great. But the key word is trying to. Our brave Aussie is in the closet, go figure. Dog, outside, herding sheep, on the land, one clap of thunder and she's gone. Remember the word EL NINO (sp?) That changed everything for this year. Oh the guys in the prop dept., well they will try.

Jan Pietrzak

Shooter
    Large Format
    Curt,

I think we need to talk to you about your night life. I am sure the locals in Espanola will help you with that. Lets see Low-riders, Bars, Low-riders, Bars. These boy's can fix you right up.

Jan Pietrzak

ps the case of Blue Books just came in, lets see Per said 5 or 6 per

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    Oh no, sorry, it's this one....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzMQcE2E-1o

...thanks for watching and have a great day.
    Interesting thought of the three steps of abstraction from reality to B&W and only two for color.

2D, Scale, and lack or color.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jan,thanks.A couple of anvil head cloud formations and some beautiful mornings and sunsets will do. NO contrails please.
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan Pietrzak View Post
    Mike c,

That's just tonight, it is trying to rain and the show outside my window is great. But the key word is trying to. Our brave Aussie is in the closet, go figure. Dog, outside, herding sheep, on the land, one clap of thunder and she's gone. Remember the word EL NINO (sp?) That changed everything for this year. Oh the guys in the prop dept., well they will try.

Jan Pietrzak
    I used to have a Red Healer. The louder and faster anything was the more she wanted to bite it. No joke, we would have to chase her off the business end of chainsaws. Thunder was her lullaby.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by markbarendt View Post
    Interesting thought of the three steps of abstraction from reality to B&W and only two for color.

2D, Scale, and lack or color.
    It's something maybe we know about and don't think about that much, it was interesting to hear it out loud. It makes sense and is worth a slow thought. I found the video really stimulating. He really takes it down to the elements doesn't he?
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan Pietrzak View Post
    Curt,

I think we need to talk to you about your night life. I am sure the locals in Espanola will help you with that. Lets see Low-riders, Bars, Low-riders, Bars. These boy's can fix you right up.

Jan Pietrzak

ps the case of Blue Books just came in, lets see Per said 5 or 6 per

Jan I'm probably the most boring person you will meet. I do appreciate a great looking auto, car or truck or hillbilly. Bars, it's not my thing. I can only enjoy a drink once and a while. Dr.'s orders. After next week it might not even be once in a while.

I remember Blue books, that plain faded blue lined paper double spaced and in an odd size, blue book. Buy one for each final exam in the University bookstore and don't write on it until you are in class. With a #2 pencil print your name, class, date on the front, turn it over and wait to start.

Yep those days are long gone now and all that's left is this old man who can't remember what happened yesterday but remembers when he was 5 years old, what he did, what he ate, and what he wore. Oh the halcyon days of Summer with that Radio wagon and a little dog named Spot.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's looking like 45 days until the workshop, since it's coming right up I'm getting my things ready and made a list of what to bring. I'll review the homework again before I go, other than that are you folks doing?

Curt

Shooter
    Large Format
    Curt,

Get house clean

Get studio/darkroom clean

Get some new prints made

Get house clean

Lets see what else, oh get house clean

Jan Pietrzak

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    45 days is a long time, i hope to "waste" much good film before traveling to NM. What to bring will most likely be desided the night before the flight and house will be cleaned a few times too.
    I know it is a WS but i treat it as a week of vacation with my camera.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin