Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,588   Online: 893

Shooter
    Large Format

October 9-10 Open House in NH

Posted this in APUG New England, I'm repeating it here for what I think will be a wider audience.

I’ve been invited to be one of 25 artists on the Fall Foliage Art Studio Tour here in southwestern New Hampshire on Saturday and Sunday, October 9 and 10. Sounds like an excuse for a party!

I’ll open my “studio” to visitors, with traditional prints on display (“Brooks Jensen” or “inventory reduction pricing”: $25 each for 5x7 or 8x10 mounted black and white prints), but that doesn’t feel like enough, so here’s an invitation to photographers who might like to visit. We’ll have good food, lots to photograph on my land (147 acres of New England woods and rock walls, on what is traditionally the peak fall foliage weekend here). I’ll also have maps to nearby places to photograph. Come try an 8x10, or try large format. I’ll have cameras and film (2 - 8x10s: Norma and Alice,my Sinar and Ritter, and 4x5 Baby Wista). Have a look at my darkroom and “studio” space. Maybe we can induce visitors to pose for a large format portraits. Moses, my African Gray Parrot, is excited, too.

I’ll have a video/CD sale:
    “Camera Repair in the Field with Richard Ritter” DVD video, normally $24, on sale for $15.
    “The Richard Ritter Ultra-Large Format Camera Owners Manual” DVD video, normally $15, on sale for $12.
    “Finely Focused: Mechanics and Creativity in Large Format Photography,” 309 pages on CD-ROM, normally $25, on sale for $20.
    “Swanzey Rural Character,” the award-winning documentary, $5.

Richard Ritter’s on board to be here. I can probably convince him to bring over one of his ULF’s for folks to put hands on. He thinks he may have an 11x14, too.

Come hang out, swap stories, compare cameras, try something new, but mostly, have a good time, eat, drink and be merry. Hope to see you. And if anyone has more ideas for what we could do, let me know.
    Bruce Barlow
    author, "Finely Focused" and "More Finely Focused"
    www.bwbarlow.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Events are coming together for the Open House. I have a gallery area with about 26 feet of display space and excellent lighting. That space will be available for guests to show their work on a rotating basis, so bring prints! I’ll have enough room in the adjacent space for my work.

The subtitle might be “The Richard Ritter Camera Extravaganza,” because we’ll have, at least, 3 Ritter 8x10s, 2 Ritter 7x17s, and whatever else Richard has lying around. We’ll have them all on tripods with lenses for folks to touch with. I’m trying to figure out a way for folks to make 8x10 exposures, too. Stay tuned, and if anyone has ideas other than resurrecting Polaroid, please pass them along.

More to come, and if anyone has other ideas, let me know.

We’ll have a Large Format basics lecture each day at 10:00, introducing those new to LF to cameras, movements, lenses and shutters, and other basic topics.

We’ll have a large format portrait demonstration at 2:00 each day.

We can have a tray development demonstration, a contact printing demo on Lodima paper, an enlarging demo for 4x5, dry mounting and mat cutting demos. What would you like to see?

I may stake out our field for some of the better pictures to be made. We’ll have directions to locations nearby to “cruise for snaps.” So feel welcome to bring your own camera – any format, even digital, and be ready to enjoy the peak color weekend in southern New Hampshire.

Most of all, come prepared to have fun.
    Bruce Barlow

Shooter
    Large Format

Subtitle: The Richard Ritter Camera Extravaganza

Richard photographed the Inventory the other day. Most will be at the Open House. The 20x24 is headed to Sweden this week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Richard cameras.jpg  
    Bruce Barlow

Shooter
    Large Format
    I think I've figured out a way for folks to make exposures. Details in the "APUG New England" section, with some other thoughts as well.

Three weeks! Egad!
    Bruce Barlow

Shooter
    Large Format
    Weather forecast looks good: partly cloudy, low 60s

Directions can be found here: http://sitekreator.com/fallfoilage/main_page.html

Hope you can make it. I think we'll have fun.
    Bruce Barlow

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin