Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,713   Posts: 1,514,682   Online: 886

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Carbon Transfer workshop in Los Angeles

I will be conducting a two day carbon transfer workshop at Translight Photography Center in Los Angeles on the 25th and 26th of September. They have a very nice facility at the Brewery. I will cover the whole process over the two days and give you the basics to continue the process on your own. Seeing how it is done is very important. I've tried to keep it affordable. The two day workshop is $275.00. Go to http://www.translightcolors.com for the sign up information or you can contact me @ jimfitzgerald101@hotmail.com for more info.
    I'm also continuing to offer carbon printing workshops on an individual basis in your darkroom or mine so let me know if you have an interest. Thanks.

Jim Fitzgerald
    Last edited by Jim Fitzgerald; 08-13-2010 at 09:20 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good luck with this Jim!
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The best of luck with the workshop Jim, it's a great medium to be involved in, have a lot of fun down there. I did a pour today and can't wait to print, I need to buy some gelatin in bulk.

Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    The best of luck with the workshop Jim, it's a great medium to be involved in, have a lot of fun down there. I did a pour today and can't wait to print, I need to buy some gelatin in bulk.

Curt
    Thanks you guys. Curt, you can get gelatin from bulk foods .com. Great place to buy. How did the pours come out?

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I read the thread on alcohol to reduce bubbles and it worked for me, I had the smallest of bubbles last time but this pour turned out looking just fine. When I printed on my tissue at Vaughn's workshop and got home with a magnifier I saw micro bubbles so it's something I'm keeping an eye on. Also I'm pouring with greater care now so it's a lot of fun to do. I used the Vellum Denril for the tissue support and it's working fine. I have 1000 sheets of it so I was hoping it would be useful and it is. Thanks for asking.

Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    If anyone is intersted in Carbon printing, come see it being done by a master. Jim's work is outstanding, and he obviously knows his materials. One word of caution... Carbon Printing is very addictive

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can't afford another addiction. I will be in Los Angeles at that time, but I have all my days scheduled. Maybe another time.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thanks for the nice comments everyone. The nice thing is that this is an affordable addiction! I will bring my passion for the process with me and I hope the attendees take it home with them.

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Will PM you Jim,me and my daughter would be very interested.
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jim just realized I'll be out of town that week end,my daughter my attend by her self but I wanted to go with her.Let you know whats happening when she gets back.
    Mike

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin