Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,896   Posts: 1,520,985   Online: 912
      
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    104
    Blog Entries
    1

    Environmental Portraiture w/Shelby Lee Adams - Nov 13 & 14 (Philadelphia)

    Recent Guggenheim Fellow, Shelby Lee Adams will be returning to Project Basho on November 13 & 14 to teach his multifaceted weekend workshop on Environmental Portraiture. This two-day workshop will approach one of the central issues for photographers representing other people: how to create a collaborative and productive relationship between photographer and subject. Through shooting exercises using 4x5 instant film, Adams will address conceptual concerns related to photographing people in their environments as well as technical issues like creating expressive lighting on location.

    For more information on this workshop please visit our website or view our complete listing of Fall '10 classes and workshops.

    Shelby will also give an artist talk on the evening of Friday, November 12 preceding his workshop. More information to come.

    Project Basho
    -Re-introducing photography to Philadelphia-
    1305 Germantown Ave
    Philadelphia, PA 19122
    www.projectbasho.org
    Last edited by projectbasho; 08-18-2010 at 02:07 PM. Click to view previous post history.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    104
    Blog Entries
    1
    There are still several spaces open in Shelby Lee Adam's shooting and critique-based workshop on Environmental Portraiture which is coming up in just a few weeks. Visit our website for more information and to register or contact us directly.

    Best,

    Project Basho

  3. #3
    Bob Carnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Toronto-Ontario
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Posts
    4,619
    Images
    14
    I will be attending the gum workshops with a few from my lab, we hope to hear Shelby talk fri night.


    Quote Originally Posted by projectbasho View Post
    There are still several spaces open in Shelby Lee Adam's shooting and critique-based workshop on Environmental Portraiture which is coming up in just a few weeks. Visit our website for more information and to register or contact us directly.

    Best,

    Project Basho

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    104
    Blog Entries
    1
    Hello Bob and all,

    Shelby Lee Adams' artist talk is confirmed for Friday, October 12th at 7pm and will take place in our gallery space located at 1305 Germantown Ave in Philadelphia. Admission is $10 for the general public, $5 for students, and free for participants of Shelby's workshop on Environmental Portraiture.

    This talk is the second in a four-part lecture series we have planned this fall. For more information, visit our event page.

    Best,
    Grisha @ Project Basho

  5. #5
    Bob Carnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Toronto-Ontario
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Posts
    4,619
    Images
    14
    Sign me up for three tickets with a possible fourth.

    looking forward to eating a real Philadelphia Melt, I hope to meet Rocky too.
    Is Dave the Hammer Shultz still in town??
    Quote Originally Posted by projectbasho View Post
    Hello Bob and all,

    Shelby Lee Adams' artist talk is confirmed for Friday, October 12th at 7pm and will take place in our gallery space located at 1305 Germantown Ave in Philadelphia. Admission is $10 for the general public, $5 for students, and free for participants of Shelby's workshop on Environmental Portraiture.

    This talk is the second in a four-part lecture series we have planned this fall. For more information, visit our event page.

    Best,
    Grisha @ Project Basho

  6. #6
    Bob Carnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Toronto-Ontario
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Posts
    4,619
    Images
    14
    Ok Just got back from Philadelphia heres my take on Project Basho and its offerings.

    First rate facilities for what I signed up for, Project Basho delivered exactly what they offered and exceeded my and my friends expectations.
    Christina Anderson is a great gum teacher and a good person to boot.
    Shelbys talk as always was inspiring , humbling and well worth the trip even though I did not sign up for his course.. he is a first rate gentleman not to mention a Guggenheim winner an quite possibly Americas best portrait photographer of this time line we live in. If you ever get the chance to hear him speak or take the time to get to know a bit about him it is worth the effort.
    I did not meet Dave the Hammer Shultzs or Rocky for that matter but had a great Philly Melt and have to say the people of this region are almost as nice as Canadians.
    One of my favorite times spent were at Penn Landing docks touring the submarine and warship(that brought back the last unknown shoulder} These two vessels were awesome beyond belief.
    My father (who was a steam fitter) passed away this year and my time on the sub was a very emotional experience as I felt him walking through this unbelievable piece of history with me and I wish I could fly him back with me to see these incredible landmarks.
    Philly drivers suck, almost as bad and Toronto drivers , but lots of great restaurants near the hotel and I certainly would go back to Philly .

    Project Basho should be on your to do list as they are offering great lecturers,workshops and is run by a pretty cool dude. I highly recommend this group .

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    Sign me up for three tickets with a possible fourth.

    looking forward to eating a real Philadelphia Melt, I hope to meet Rocky too.
    Is Dave the Hammer Shultz still in town??



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin