Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,858   Posts: 1,583,116   Online: 957

Shooter
    Large Format

2010 Northwest Symposium for Alternative Process Photography

You are cordially invited to join us the first weekend in October in Puget Sound for the
    2010 Northwest Symposium for Alternative Process Photography
    Sponsored by: Regional Chapter of the Center for Photographic History and Technology [a 501(c)(3) Not-for-Profit organization]

Saturday, October 2nd Speakers and Demonstrations:
    Ray Bidegain - Wet Plate Collodian - Demo
    Marcy Merrill - Pinhole Photography
    Don Nelson - 12x20 Large Format Camera - Demo
    Ron Reeder - Digital Negatives Update
    Linda Stemer – Cyanotype on Fabric
    Judy Rowe Taylor - Kallitype and Chrysotype
    Mark Vercammen - Lith Printing and Encaustic

Optional Field Trips on Sunday, October 3rd:
    Bloedel Gardens, Bainbridge Island - Leader: Craig Alan Huber
    Kubota Gardens, Seattle – Leader: Joan Bowers
    Other Field Trips (to be determined)

There will be an opportunity for symposium attendees to display and discuss their own work on October 2nd during the conference.

Continental breakfast on Saturday and optional field trips on Sunday are included in the symposium fee. Field Trip participants will need to provide transportation (or share gas costs if car-pool) and any entrance and ferry fees.

Dates: October 2-3, 2010. Saturday's program starts at 9:00am and goes until 5:00pm. Check-in and At-the-Door registration (check or cash only) are from 8:15am - 9:00am. Participants are encouraged to bring a brown bag lunch (refridgerator available).

Conference Fee: $50 for early registration, through September 18th. $55 after September 18th or at the door.

The Saturday October 2nd Presentations and Demos will be held at Spring Hall (Education Building) on the campus of Eastshore Unitarian Church, 12700 Southeast 32nd Street, Bellevue, WA.
    Meeting places and directions for the Sunday October 3rd Field Trips will be announced during the day on Saturday.

Contact: Joan Bowers at jebbo102@gmail.com for additional information and to register.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    This sounds like a wonderful event and it is even just a few miles away from my home; however, I will be traveling on Saturday. Would it make any sense to go on one of the field trips if I am going to miss the Saturday program?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Sure, we'd love to have you join one of the Field Trips. We'll need to find a way to provide you the gathering place/time information. Which Field Trip sounds interesting to you?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have never been to Bloedel so that would be the one. Kubota is a great place. I am glad they did not ripe out the garden and develop the property when Mr. Kuboda died.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like a good time! Count me in. I'll email Joan today.

Dan
    Daniel Williams
    Enumclaw WA USA

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin