Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,909   Posts: 1,556,175   Online: 1032

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Learn to take Bland Photos!!!

I am a member of Facebook and have one of my interests listed as photography. As a result I keep getting ad's on the side of my Facebook page relating to photography courses. One which keeps popping up and makes me laugh is the ad I have attached to this thread

It reads "Learn how to take bland photographs and turn them into something special!".... Errr WHAT THE HELL??? Why not teach people to take amazing photographs in the first place!!! Blah! learn to take bland photos. What is the world coming to!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails blandphotos.jpg  
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Stephen,

It's probably a course in digital photography.
    It doesn't get much blander than that !

I'm Just Saying ...

Ron

Your Friend From The Bland Island Of New York

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Many times people just missing the point. As another example that makes me sad / frustrated - fake Polaroids. "Let's look retro with this fake Polaroid frames". I try to explain that it is not about this ... Different mind set probably.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm guessing they are not talking about bland photos like Gursky's Rhein or Stieglitz' equivalents, or Eliot Porters straight photos of rotting forest floors.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i have the book "boring postcards" by martin parr ... bland is good, i kind of like bland.
    aren't we all doing just as the advert suggests -- turning something bland + boring + mundane into something special ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Frizza View Post
    I am a member of Facebook and have one of my interests listed as photography. As a result I keep getting ad's on the side of my Facebook page relating to photography courses. One which keeps popping up and makes me laugh is the ad I have attached to this thread

It reads "Learn how to take bland photographs and turn them into something special!".... Errr WHAT THE HELL??? Why not teach people to take amazing photographs in the first place!!! Blah! learn to take bland photos. What is the world coming to!
    Ah ... the Photo$hop mentality. Why take a creative photograph when you can start with crap and then improve the exposure, the focus and the composition in Photo$hop? Heck with Photo$hop, you do not even need an image, just start with a blank screen, draw and import what you need. Then run it through a filter to make it look like a photograph. The final step is to add a negative frame that has "Tri-X" in the rebate to your color "photograph".

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hilarious! I'm always a sucker for an unintended play on words. Anyway, as if taking bland photos was something that can be learned! We know the truth.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Frizza View Post

It reads "Learn how to take bland photographs and turn them into something special!"....
    I actually got an MFA to do that...

Shooter
    35mm
    I wonder if the ads are targeted to your images' EXIF data.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Shoot a lot and fixit....the P.S. credo...EC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin