Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,223   Online: 916

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Iceland: Northern Lights Tour 2011 w/ Bill Schwab

Iceland: Winter and the Northern Lights 2011
    with Bill Schwab
    January 31 - February 8

*Limited to 8 adults with only 4 spaces remaining at this time.

It's time again for another journey up to Iceland and this time it's a winter trip in hopes of seeing and photographing the Northern Lights. The dates have been chosen to encompass the New Moon so our nights will be dark, hopefully clear and full of the Aurora.

The complete itinerary is now available and as with all of my trips to Iceland, it is pretty much all inclusive. It includes roundtrip airfare from the chosen US departure city, all transport in Iceland, a private room with bath each night and a dinner meal as well as breakfast each day.

Come join me on the photographer's adventure of a lifetime! Iceland is a unique, world of wonders and with its eerie winter light , the season can be a wonderland for the photographer.

This is not a workshop - no class time, no critiques - just some serious, intensive exploring and shooting in what I truly believe to be the most wonderful and pristine place on earth to photograph.

More information HERE.

Hope you can join me!

Bill

www.billschwab.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Man.... you are killing me here!!!
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Moxom View Post
    Man.... you are killing me here!!!
    My feelings exactly. When I am working, my schedule is totally inflexible. I see all these wonderful workshops and shooting excursions, and am totally bummed that I can't take advantage of them. Soon, though.. soon. (Nine months to retirement... but who's counting? )

Hope you have a great time.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffle View Post
    My feelings exactly. When I am working, my schedule is totally inflexible. I see all these wonderful workshops and shooting excursions, and am totally bummed that I can't take advantage of them. Soon, though.. soon. (Nine months to retirement... but who's counting? )

Hope you have a great time.
    Tom: retired guy lesson #1 (this one is free): the money that you have to spend on workshops is inversely proportional to time that you now have to partake in them.

Cheers,
    Dan

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As one who will never be able to retire... I envy the both of you!

Thanks Tom! I don't seem to be able to get sick of the place, so there will be more trips in the future to tempt you.

Only 3 spaces left Andy!

Shooter
    35mm
    Just saw this on Yahoo! news about the northern lights this year.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100928...20100928164050

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Northern Lights Photos

I just took these about 2 weeks ago and things looked fine to me Richard. The article also says "Only in the past half a year have we seen more activity, but we don't really know whether we're coming out of this minimum...". Judging by what I saw, all is well. Thanks for the link.

Northern Lights are usually more prevalent in the spring and the fall than in the middle of the winter.

Michael A. Smith

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Smith View Post
    Northern Lights are usually more prevalent in the spring and the fall than in the middle of the winter.

Michael A. Smith
    Actually that is just the opposite of what I've read and my own experience:

Best Time to Watch
    The "Northern Lights", at their most dazzling from December to March when nights are longest and the sky darkest...
    In addition, everything I've read or know about the lights are that they are not even remotely connected with the seasons, but hinge completely on solar activity

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I read as much about this as possible and it looksmlike we are out of the minimum. Solar flare is being identified by some as the cause for the rogue satellite and for knocking out a radio telescope. The doomsday paranoids have been talking about the consequences of huge solar activity, last time it happened was 1859 and it fried telegraph lines...EC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin