Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,666   Posts: 1,481,710   Online: 748
      
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32
  1. #21
    Photo Engineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    22,707
    Images
    65
    I would like to thank one of our students for the photographs he sent me today. Wonderful memories. At this point in life, it begins to take away instead of give and this is a rare instance of giving along with the positive comments above.

    Thanks to all of the students. I had a GREAT time. Lets do it again sometime. Just let GEH know.

    PE

  2. #22
    Hexavalent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    528
    Blog Entries
    3
    Here's a sample print of what we turned out at the Workshop. This was "Team B's" Grade II emulsion.
    I take responsibility for using an inappropriate negative (tuned for carbon-transfer), and the coating flaws (streaks, bubbles, liftoffs)
    The image is of my grandfather, taken sometime in the mid 60's on Kodachrome, scanned, inkjet negative, and now printed on a hand-made AZO paper - what a journey! Seeing an image come up in the dev tray, from what was a beaker of goo a few hours prior, is a wonderful feeling.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AZO_print_trial.jpg  
    - Ian

  3. #23
    Photo Engineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    22,707
    Images
    65
    Thanks Ian.

    There were 2 other contrast grades and the prints looked very nice. We had a great time and the facilities at GEH were wonderful. The archives lent an extra dimension to the course.

    PE

  4. #24
    Photo Engineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    22,707
    Images
    65

    Announcing a new workshop under development and more baryta paper

    Workshop

    I would like to announce that Mark Osterman and I are working on a new workshop to be held at GEH, probably in September. We are presenting this to you in advance of scheduling it so that we might get an idea of who is interested and what they want. There are basically two options at this time. One is to repeat the previous workshop given the high level of interest expressed after the fact, or we might go on to a workshop on making a Kodabromide / Brovira type enlarging paper.

    Baryta Paper

    For those of you interested in baryta paper, I am announcing here that Ilford has agreed to produce 1000 sheets of 11x14 baryta paper for people who wish to make coatings on this superb material. It will be available in about 8 - 10 weeks, maybe earlier. The cost is yet to be determined. Thanks Ilford, and thanks Simon Galley.

    PE

  5. #25
    Chazzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    South Bend, IN, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,822
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Workshop


    Baryta Paper

    For those of you interested in baryta paper, I am announcing here that Ilford has agreed to produce 1000 sheets of 11x14 baryta paper for people who wish to make coatings on this superb material. It will be available in about 8 - 10 weeks, maybe earlier. The cost is yet to be determined. Thanks Ilford, and thanks Simon Galley.

    PE

    If the price is right, I bet a lot of alternative process people would be interested in buying some of the baryta paper. It seems more logical than fixing out and washing enlarging paper.
    Charles Hohenstein

  6. #26
    holmburgers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Rochester NY (native KS)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    4,400
    Images
    2
    I might have to seriously consider a workshop in September. A) it's my birthday month and b) I can visit schools and explore master's programs. Hmmm...

  7. #27
    Photo Engineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    22,707
    Images
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy View Post
    If the price is right, I bet a lot of alternative process people would be interested in buying some of the baryta paper. It seems more logical than fixing out and washing enlarging paper.
    Unlike fixed enlarging paper, this is not sized. So, for alternative processes sizing would be needed. OTOH, silver-gelatin is its own sizing and only one coating would need to be applied.

    PE

  8. #28
    Photo Engineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    22,707
    Images
    65
    Originally posted by MYSELF;Workshop

    I would like to announce that Mark Osterman and I are working on a new workshop to be held at GEH, probably in September. We are presenting this to you in advance of scheduling it so that we might get an idea of who is interested and what they want. There are basically two options at this time. One is to repeat the previous workshop given the high level of interest expressed after the fact, or we might go on to a workshop on making a Kodabromide / Brovira type enlarging paper.
    This post has generated a bit of Email and PMs. It would be best if these people were to post their desire for a workshop here for all to see and it would be best if you expressed your specific interests in order for us to see what the interested people wanted.

    Thanks.

    PE

  9. #29
    JOSarff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Santa Fe, NM
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    203
    Ron/Mark:

    I would love a Kodabromide / Brovira type enlarging paper workshop since enlarging paper is my main interest.

    I would also suggest that the workshop beeither four days or a full week. Include a day of revue and lecture on new material plus time to evaluate coating problems and successes. I would also suggest participant bring prints of work to share at the workshop to give feedback on their work at home and to aid in diagnosing specific problems they are having.

    All the best

    Joe
    There is no such thing as taking too much time, because your soul is in that picture. -Ruth Bernhard

  10. #30
    Photo Engineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    22,707
    Images
    65
    Joe;

    We are indeed discussing all you suggest in your post. Mark and I will be meeting Friday afternoon to plan the next session. If you wish, pass this on directly to Mark or Stacey.

    Thanks.

    Ron

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin