Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,198   Posts: 1,531,465   Online: 821

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Workshop on emulsion making and coating at GEH

I have just been notified that our 3 day workshop, to be given by Mark Osterman and myself, has been approved by George Eastman House. It is scheduled for late in January 2011 and space is limited.

The tentative subject at this time will be the making of a contact speed paper in several contrast grades. No knowledge of chemistry will be needed.

Another, more advanced Workshop, has been tentatively scheduled for later in the year, but we are awaiting approval of the later advanced workshop. I will post more on both of these as the material goes up on the GEH website. You can check here or on the GEH website for details when information is posted.

http://www.eastmanhouse.org/events/s...hoto-workshops

PE

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    This almost makes the idea of driving 6 hours to Rochester in January sound appealing. I'm going to have to see if I can get clearance from the boss when the dates come out.

Thank you.
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The new schedule is now up at GEH. The worshop is now listed here: http://www.eastmanhouse.org/events/s...hoto-workshops

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I hope no one has forgotten about this!

Everyone seems to be interested in emulsion making so lets fill this class up!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just an update from GEH:

Instructor Ron Mowrey will guide the group in making, coating and processing an AZO type gelatin chloride emulsion.

Mark Osterman will give an illustrated lecture on the evolution of gelatin emulsions.

The group will view vintage photographic prints by Weston, Adams, Karsh and White chosen specifically for this workshop in the archives of the George Eastman House International Museum of Photography.

Participants will receive a binder with formulas and instructions for the emulsion we will be making as well as facsimile copies of articles from 19th and early 20th century photographic journals on the evolution of emulsion making.

For a review of the last workshop at George Eastman House see:

http://theonlinephotographer.typepad...ps-at-geh.html

For information including registration for the gelatin emulsion and other George Eastman House workshops see:

http://www.eastmanhouse.org/Main/eve...oto-workshops#

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bump! A few spaces left.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A note to APUG members attending the class.

Please PM me so that I can send you additional information before the workshop starts.

For the rest of you....there is still room so you can sign up. The workshop starts on the 17th. Prove your interest in preserving analog, come to the workshop.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The class is just about full, and you only have until this Friday to register IIRC.

Copies of the Azo type formula are printing out in the background as I type this!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Post-workshop rave:
    I'm in my Motel room, head spinning from information overload, and already planning the upgrades to my 'lab' back in Ottawa so that I can start making emulsion. Ron and Mark (and everybody involved at Eastman House) delivered three days of history, science, and FUN hands-on emulsion making. I have a thick book of lab notes, reprints of old formulae, a bag of the prints from the paper we coated, and a huge grin. I can't say enough good things about this whole experience -- if you get a chance to attend one of these workshops.. DO IT!!!!!
    - Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Ian.

Ron Mowrey

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin