Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,030   Online: 970

Shooter
    Medium Format

Large Format Photography courses in LA

Anyone know a good school or place for this? I just want a large format class.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Michael Gordon (http://www.michael-gordon.com) is doing a weekend LF workshop next March at Joshua Tree. I'm signed up (been trying to find a date that worked for me for a few years)- he's an excellent photographer and teacher. It's listed at Julia Dean Photo Workshops (www.juliadean.com), which is L.A.-based. I think Michael also does 1-on1 workshops, and he's based in Long Beach.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    While you are looking and waiting, you might gain a lot from the library of articles on the Large Format Forum info page.
    http://www.largeformatphotography.info/

In my own quest for retirement photo courses (twenty since 2003) I found at least the University of Akron, OH wanted you to take Photo 1 and 2 before taking a LF course. I had been shooting 35mm for 40 years, but still got a lot out of the courses. Half way through the LF course I was so taken by the idea I bought my first LF camera (Linhof Technikardan) to use in completing the course even though Calumet studio cameras were provided.

John Powers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Check Per Volquartz. He gives great darkroom courses and probably large format classes.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Danny Burk does an excellent intro to LF class.
    Bruce Watson
    AchromaticArts.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin