Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,979   Posts: 1,523,755   Online: 1191

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 26789101112131415 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    my friend and I were planning on camping ... i've not been to Tonapah but I assume there is BLM land around you can just pull out and stay? or is that frowned upon?

I prefer not to be in an RV park or something like that but a BLM/Forest Service/NPS campground would be great
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bill, when you leave Tonopah heading east towards Ely there is a sign that says next services 167 miles. Actually, it is next anything is 167 miles. About 20 miles out of Tonopah there is a sign "Entering xxxxx Forest" and there is one tree visible about 2 miles away and 15 or 20 miles later there are 3 cedars on the left and a sign "Leaving xxxxx Forest". Don't count on a campground.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is camping allowed in Toiyabe N.F. maybe Pine Creek or Peavine Canyon?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    “I drank what?” - Socrates

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    sadly the Pine Creek info says "Open May 15 through October 15"
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Saw that however FS list May 1 opening day. Suppose a call's in order

http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fs...eek+Campground

Shooter
    Multi Format
    William T called today finding camping in Pine creek/Peavine Canyon's allowed year round however services are seasonal.
    Last edited by fatkins; 04-18-2011 at 11:23 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Jim,

Should I bring my 16x20 camera or a whole plate is good enough?

Thanks,
    Hugo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hugo, last time I used my 4x5 some, and 5x7 and whole plate most of the time. A lot depended on how far we would be hiking. I used the 8x10 at the Mining Museum and at the dunes that afternoon (trudging through the soft sand) but could have used it also in Goldfield. 16x20? That's a whole different animal. At the Mining Museum you can park fairly close and at Goldfield, closer. I'm assuming you would be making multiple trips to the vehicle for gear and film unless you have a llama;-) Have you joined the group from last time and looked at the images? That will give you an idea of what was used where. A warning though, the 10x12 carrier played football - he was the line...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hugo,don't forget the Water Boy! Like Outwest said, you should do good at Goldflied ,the mining Museum would be a great place for the larger camera also,just a bit of walking around but I think it would be well worth it.I'll be taking some prints I made from the last Work shop there if I can get them mounted in time.They are enlargements for 5x7 negs.

Mike
    Last edited by mike c; 04-21-2011 at 11:30 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin