Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,897   Posts: 1,584,338   Online: 799

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgalli View Post
    Hi Bill. I'm still just treading water but I do have a sheet of names and emails that I'll figure out the best way to make available. It was great enjoying your work and company! jg
    Might be nice to have an email distribution list for former workshop participants and those that have shown interest (hint, hint) to provide a lil bit o' advanced warning in attending the next Tonopah soirée.

This is the second time I didn't get a chance to meet Hugo in less than 3 months.

C'mon fellas, give us newbies a chance to hang out with the big dogs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    lilmsmaggie,I guess I was lucky 2 times because they fill up fast.And they are good workshops and fun,I'm a light weight with a 5x7 compared to Hugo but most of use 4x5 or medium format.
    Mike

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Lilmsmaggie, you don't really want to go on one of these workshops…trust me. It takes place in a hostile workshop environment where you can be criticized for using the wrong f-stop or for the beverage you choose to partake of. The workshop can also be dangerous; participants have been known to drive off cliffs or be forced to photograph buildings as they fall down, while inside the structure. As for Hugo, if you do catch up with him, he will just force you to carry his big-ass camera. We don't want to even get started talking about Eddie or no one would show up. And no, I will not trade any future workshop slot I might get for anything.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slumry View Post
    Lilmsmaggie, you don't really want to go on one of these workshops…trust me. It takes place in a hostile workshop environment where you can be criticized for using the wrong f-stop or for the beverage you choose to partake of. The workshop can also be dangerous; participants have been known to drive off cliffs or be forced to photograph buildings as they fall down, while inside the structure. As for Hugo, if you do catch up with him, he will just force you to carry his big-ass camera. We don't want to even get started talking about Eddie or no one would show up. And no, I will not trade any future workshop slot I might get for anything.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slumry View Post

Wrong again Steve......the wrong Waterhouse stop.......

The recommended vehicle is a Toyota Prius.

Did Jim make some of that wonderful morning coffee? He brews it in a huge old brass lens barrel which gives it that kick.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    With start times at 4:30 AM, there was little time for coffee. See this thread for some of the deals http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ad.php?t=75770 Galli did in fact drive off a cliff, a short one fortunately. Also, we are all now members of the black paw club. As far as I can tell the whole workshop was a pyramid scheme based on brass lens, Eddy and Jim should not be allowed in the same state together since they will just engage in price fixing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hear,Hear,amen bro.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just bet that's the case. Tell Jim to back up the cliff to get out!

You know what coffee is after drinking?
    A wide awake drunk.

What new lessons did you folks learn?

In just 40 plus days I'll be out of the country at a Carbon Transfer workshop with Vaughn, that's my workshop for this year. Jim Graves are you ging to make that one? For now it's remodeling the darkroom.

Mike, how's the new enlarger working out! Anyone stay at the Clown Motel?

Per, did you move the office/studio to the adjoining bldg yet?

You all get rested up from the fun and traveling.

Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Curt, The enlarger is fine,been developing negs since Monday and am only half way thur. Per,Ted and me stayed at the Clown.

Mike

Shooter
    Large Format
    Curt ... I won't be making Vaughn's carbon workshop ... just too far. Will be plugging away in Sacramento on my own. Got some nice negatives for carbon out of Goldfield, though.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin